PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What’s Our Cap Situation in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I had heard at one point that we have a ton of space opening up next year. Is this true?

Might be a good time for extension’s next offseason, if so...

Last I saw there was around $110m free but that was before FA started which Pats have signed a few multiyear deals so it's a bit lower than that now

Last I saw it was around $110m but that was before FA started which Pats have signed a few multiyear deals so it's a bit lower than that now

Spotrac has us at 94 million for the moment.

LMAO, 2020 cap? :D

New England Patriots 2020 Salary Cap

Yes, $94M.

Of course, that is without Brady, Gronk, Devin McCourty, Van Noy, Edelman and Thuney.
Have to think Gronk and Devin will likely either retire or be let go after this season. Could be wrong on Devin.

If this next year ended up being Brady’s last season, then it would really set up for the rebuild process. Van Noy and Thuney would be strongest candidates for longer extensions.

Some would think that our priorities should be to extend Van Noy and Thuney, and to draft a TE, S and QB. That would be focusing the draft toward the following year, as Belichick always does. There still would be room to add a DL or two.

Have to think Gronk and Devin will likely either retire or be let go after this season. Could be wrong on Devin.

If this next year ended up being Brady’s last season, then it would really set up for the rebuild process. Van Noy and Thuney would be strongest candidates for longer extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft