PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady.....Case Keenum, Nick Foles, Blake Bortles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addictive

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
In the wild NFL where there are constant surprises and pre-season predictions are made a mockery I don't think you'll find anyone that said three of the four QBs to be playing in the Conference championship games would be Case Keenum, Nick Foles, Blake Bortles.

Defence wins Super Bowls but so does having a true difference maker at QB. The Patriots have that.

The Steelers have a true difference maker at QB.
The Saints have a true difference maker at QB.
The Falcons have a a true difference maker at WR and great talent in other areas too.
But those three teams lost this weekend. So much talent on those teams offence.

Yes, the Vikings, Eagles and Jacksonville all have excellent defences but they can be game planned for and Brady and the talent on the Patriots offence can score on all those defences.

After watching the Vikings tonight I've got to say Case Keenum really is a backup QB. His arm strength and decision making isn't good enough in the play-offs. He has a great story this season and he has worked hard but from a talent level Keenum just doesn't play in a way that the Patriots should fear. But congratulations tonight Case and that final play will be repeated for decades.

Bortles had a good game today against the Steelers but the Jaguars offence is about their running game. It will be a tough game in the trenches.

I haven't seen enough of Foles recently to make a judgement but the fact he was the back up until Wentz went down tells me he isn't a top tier QB.

I am more optimistic now about the Patriots winning the Super Bowl this season than I was before this weekend.

Keenum is surrounded by talented players on offense. He can make throws, although he won't wow you.

Of the 4 QBs that played in SB only Tom survived divisional round.

Now it looks like the backups vs the g.o.a.t. / “unfortunately“ - QBs don't play each other..

Divisional results are great tribute to football as the ultimate team sport . and ultimate coaches sport as well.

Seriously...

It's like Dustin Johnson golfing with me and my other two buddies at The US Open and we are 10 beers in on the 5th hole and he's sober

Every team that played this weekend except the Titans had a top 10 defense in points.

5 of the 8 were top ten in yards. TN, NE, and NO are the teams that aren't.

Keenum is surrounded by talented players on offense. He can make throws, although he won't wow you.

Yeah Minnesota had two great WR's. Personally, I think they'd be a very stiff challenge for the Patriots.

All of the offenses left are top 10 in points.

MIN is the only team left not top 10 in yards (11th)

Weird trend. Having both a good offense and a good defense means you have a good chance of playing in the championship game.

The only thing that I take away from this weekend is that simply, **** happens. Really. In the NFL playoffs weird and wacky stuff happens. Every year. And every year, the Pats do their thing.

A strong defense can win a championship even with a crappy QB. We have seen it before. Let's not pop the champagne just yet. Just come out ready to play on sunday. I really expect a grinder.

The Jaguars have the 2nd-ranked defense in both points and yard allowed.

The Vikings defense, incidentally, is #1 in both points and yards -- and they would be playing at home if it came to that.

The Patriots have a tremendous grind in front of them. That said, both Brees and Roethlisberger showed that these defenses aren't without vulnerability.

Seriously...

It's like Dustin Johnson golfing with me and my other two buddies at The US Open and we are 10 beers in on the 5th hole and he's sober

Not really. I guessing it would be far more entertaining watching you guys on the back nine. :D

That's actually pretty funny. What wouldn't be, however, is if somehow the Patriots don't win the SB. I know whichever team(s) he faces, the defense will be tough to beat. But Brady is Brady and the other guys are . . . well . . . the other guys. You should even change the thread title to "Brady . . . and the Other Guys," in fact. So Brady should not fail. Period. But any given . . .

The Jaguars have the 2nd-ranked defense in both points and yard allowed.

The Vikings defense, incidentally, is #1 in both points and yards -- and they would be playing at home if it came to that.

The Patriots have a tremendous grind in front of them. That said, both Brees and Roethlisberger showed that these defenses aren't without vulnerability.
Our OL vs their DL's is the only thing really that would scare me. Give Brady enough time and he'll either kill them with the Gronkmonster or hit Hogan and our backs if they chose to double and triple Gronk. There is no question, however, that they all would present unique challenges and JAX will not be a walk in the park. They will have to grind out two wins and earn that 6th.

The nice thing is that if the Patriots don't win, I won't begrudge any of these other teams a Super Bowl. It's all franchises without rings who are generally likable. It's been a while since the Broncos or Ravens or Steelers or Packers or Seahawks or whoever was threatening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes