PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank You 2007 New England Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
What a ride the Patriots gave us this season. It started late in April when the team announced they had signed Randy Moss. It sped through Spygate, and it went through 18 consecutive football teams before becoming offensively derailed against an incredible Giant defense that did exactly what it had to do to confound Tom Brady and his runaway freight train offense.

Thank you New England Patriots for giving the fans and the nation one of the most exciting runs in the history of the game.

Today, most of us are still pretty numb, but I'm still wearing my SB XXXVIII baseball cap that is fraying a little on the brim. Have a great vacation and do some intelligent drafting. Heal, mend, and move on with pride toward next fall and another shot at the big prize.

We all still love you guys, and we stallwort fans will be there for you when you snap the first ball in the 2008 season.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!!

completely agree with you dude................ we are proud of what the pats have accomplished this season................. and then there is always the next season............ keep up the good work guys................ best wishes for the next one............. GO PATS :rocker:

The heartbreak and disappointment that we are feeling today will not take away all the great things this team did this year.

Anyone who was a fan before 2000 has to appreciate what this current Patriots regime has given to us. And guess what? It isn't over yet!!!

I'm with Snake, it was a hell of a season. The burden that this team had to carry for the last couple of months was immense....they weren't only trying to make the playoffs but they had the enormous weight of the expectation of having a perfect season. The pressure on the players and coaches had to have been tremendous. As a fan I'd have to say that even the pressure on us was something that I've never experienced before. Every single play was dissected and critiqued and each "mistake" resulted in endless discussion on sports radio and TV 24/7.

I'm not so sure that I even really enjoyed the last few weeks, it didn't seem real at times. From the losers at ESPN to the losers at the Herald and everyone in between it became not about football but about trashing what I will forever consider to be the greatest football team ever.

In the end I think we may have been a victim of our own success, there's no doubt in my mind that game 16 inspired the Giants and even though they lost that game they really put on a masterful performance last night and deserved to win. Having said that, our team did not deserve to lose. We played tough but in the end fell a mere 3 points short.

I'm not going to criticize any players or coaches, this season already went beyond anything we could have expected. Am I disappointed? You bet! I'll get over it though and in 6 months it's back to training camp.

My thanks go out to the team, the coaches, the Krafts and to the real fans.

This was an amazing year to be a Pats fan. It sucks it had to end this way, but it was so exciting all year long to watch such an amazing team. I hate that we have to feel like this all off-season and obviously the records we set pale in comparison to what could've been. But at the end of the day, we still were able to enjoy an incredibly exciting team, and the disappointment wouldn't be as severe had the expectations not been so high because of how great we are.

Kudos to the Giants, they out played us and deserved it.

We'll be back

GO PATS

I'm with Snake, it was a hell of a season. The burden that this team had to carry for the last couple of months was immense....they weren't only trying to make the playoffs but they had the enormous weight of the expectation of having a perfect season. The pressure on the players and coaches had to have been tremendous. As a fan I'd have to say that even the pressure on us was something that I've never experienced before. Every single play was dissected and critiqued and each "mistake" resulted in endless discussion on sports radio and TV 24/7.

I'm not so sure that I even really enjoyed the last few weeks, it didn't seem real at times. From the losers at ESPN to the losers at the Herald and everyone in between it became not about football but about trashing what I will forever consider to be the greatest football team ever.

In the end I think we may have been a victim of our own success, there's no doubt in my mind that game 16 inspired the Giants and even though they lost that game they really put on a masterful performance last night and deserved to win. Having said that, our team did not deserve to lose. We played tough but in the end fell a mere 3 points short.

I'm not going to criticize any players or coaches, this season already went beyond anything we could have expected. Am I disappointed? You bet! I'll get over it though and in 6 months it's back to training camp.

My thanks go out to the team, the coaches, the Krafts and to the real fans.

Well-said, Mike. For just a few posts in 4 years, your eloquence and loyalty give insight on how to be a true fan no matter how much you participate here.

The season would obviously have been better had they won it all, but it was an exciting and entertaining year. One team's fanbase can say their team had a better year. Thirty can't.

Part of me is just glad to see it over. I'm sick of seeing the Patriots dragged through the mud. I'm sick of the hate. A nice long offseason will hopefully make me look forward to football again.

Congratulations to the G-men, a well played game.

We've been very fortunate to have this team for the last 7 years, and I also believe that the run is not over. Here's hoping the Pats are back to work getting ready for '08 and determining what is necessary to make them even better.

Thank you for helping me get over the AFC title game loss in Indy by showing me that it really can get any worse, as in losing to ELI Manning in the Super Bowl after going 18-0. Thank you for helping me realize that these performances are becoming the standard for Patriots football in the playoffs, so I can adjust my expectations accordingly. Thank you for establishing yourselves as the Yankees of pro football.

(Yeah, that was a little negative, sorry.)

Honestly, how does someone put all of this in perspective? I'm a die-hard fan, and I knew that the Giants were capable of winning, but how the heck did the Pats let them drive 83 yards when their '06 season was ruined by the EXACT SAME THING?!?!!?!

Agreed. Thank you to the team and ownership for a great season.

It was a great ride until last night. Thanks Pats.

Props to Brady. He took sooo many hits in that game and still late in the 4th quarter he got a potential game winning score. :( :( :(

Also, I've got to hand it to the Giants. Took out Tampa, Dallas, Green Bay and a 18-0 team. Heckuva a team.

Last edited:
Thank you for helping me get over the AFC title game loss in Indy by showing me that it really can get any worse, as in losing to ELI Manning in the Super Bowl after going 18-0. Thank you for helping me realize that these performances are becoming the standard for Patriots football in the playoffs, so I can adjust my expectations accordingly. Thank you for establishing yourselves as the Yankees of pro football.

(Yeah, that was a little negative, sorry.)

Honestly, how does someone put all of this in perspective? I'm a die-hard fan, and I knew that the Giants were capable of winning, but how the heck did the Pats let them drive 83 yards when their '06 season was ruined by the EXACT SAME THING?!?!!?!
You probably have to have been a Patriots fan since the 1960's to be able to understand how the Patriots are capable of doing what they do.

Many of us longtime fans had four decades of maxim cross our minds on that last drive, "if the Patriots can find a way to lose, they will."

This team has still given me (us) some pretty fine moments over the decades as well as lots of heartbreaks. They'll be back...just gotta reload those muskets in 2008. Have faith and root for the Celtics for a while.:)

Last edited:
Ditto! It truly was a great ride and for the lack of what they didn't do, as fans, we have an awful lot to be thankful for to everyone of those guys. From Belichick all the way down the list. Thank you.

I thought it was hard waking up to reality this morning, I can't even imagine what those players are feeling like.

You probably have to have been a Patriots fan since the 1960's to be able to understand how the Patriots are capable of doing what they do.

The great tragedy of it all is that the team that was clearly better than everyone else all season was upset by a team that didn't resemble a good team until Week 16, by a QB that led the league in turnovers.

The real tragedy is that Belichick got outcoached, and the Patriots got out played.

Anyone remember the Super Bowl game in the late 80's when the Giants did the same thing to Joe Montana and the 49ers?

Hmmmmm, but they had Belichick.

And, that wasn't a Super Bowl. It was just a playoff game.

And of course the 49ers weren't undefeated prior to that.

At this point, this Patriots team is on par with the Cowboys of the 90s, but below the accomplishments of the Steelers and 49ers.

Last night's game would have elevated the Patriots into this:

Best franchises of all-time:

1. Patriots
1a. 49ers
1b. Steelers

But now we're:

1. 49ers
1a. Steelers
3. Packers
3a. Cowboys
5. Patriots

On one hand, I want to thank them for a great season. On the other hand, on days like this I almost wish we'd just finished 8-8 and not even made the playoffs.

The loss was - is - painful, but the season was great, ane we should all be thankful for what the Pats did. And, they will be favorites again next season!

Echoing what's already been said so well above.

My affection for this team and its players/coaches have not at all been diminished by the disappointment I feel right now.

If next season started today, I still feel we're the team to beat, and I have hope going forward. We lost one (admittedly huge) game, but the fundamental quality of this team has not diminished.

We'll be back.

Echoing what's already been said so well above.

My affection for this team and its players/coaches have not at all been diminished by the disappointment I feel right now.

If next season started today, I still feel we're the team to beat, and I have hope going forward. We lost one (admittedly huge) game, but the fundamental quality of this team has not diminished.

We'll be back.

for me I'm the opposite, living across the pond in England, NFL coverage sucked, so i had to make do following the pats
in the play-offs watching them beat the jets, then being on a high watching them against the chargers, only for it to be crushed against the colts the following week, this season, i found out a way to watch any sport online for free, and i was glad to find new england had its own personal thread for games, and i have not missed a play this season, even if it meant staying up until 4am on a Tuesday morning watching us beat the ravens only to go into college 3 hours later, all these records broken left right and center, only thing missing is the lombardi, but one thing you learn from sports you lose some you win some, and with what we did last year, i have faith in the coaching staff to recruit some world class players, iron out issues in the team, and god will go one better next season GO PATS

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes