PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Some very good news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
My heart is broken like all of you but I started thinking positvely and came up with this idea. BB & SP are incredible when it comes to the draft. Over the last 2 years they have not had much time to prepare for a draft. They now have time to sit down and pour their hearts into this draft. Expect an incredible offseason.

Not to mention that they traded for extra picks into this exceptionally strong, deep draft. This is a key offseason with FA starting to rear it's ugly head starting next offseason. Less time to prepare for FA and the draft is one of many things which hurts Super Bowl teams so this is a positive, albeit a positive we're reluctant to want.

Digger44 said:
My heart is broken like all of you but I started thinking positvely and came up with this idea. BB & SP are incredible when it comes to the draft. Over the last 2 years they have not had much time to prepare for a draft. They now have time to sit down and pour their hearts into this draft. Expect an incredible offseason.

Digger44, I was going to post the same thing. While we'd like to pick dead last every year, we will have better draft positioning, and more time to prepare. They also had 10 quality players on IR this year, that could be in the mix, if BB and SP choose. The team is going to perhaps be the stongest ever next year, and that is not hyperbole. Premature maybe. But, the future is very bright. Did I mention the Pats have a couple of extra picks thanks to the Ravens and Lions?

I really do think we will be amazed at our expanded team even within a few months.

Digger44 said:
I really do think we will be amazed at our expanded team even within a few months.

Definitly. Maybe this loss wasnt ALL bad... glad some of you could point out the good in it ... :)

Ehhhh...I'd still rather be playing in the AFC championship.

huskeralk said:
Ehhhh...I'd still rather be playing in the AFC championship.

Oh no doubt but we didn't have a choice. We gotta play the cards we were dealt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe