PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patsfan Fantasy Football League?

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So when can we get started on putting up our fantasy football leagues. Last year we had multiple leagues for this forum and I think that everyone that participated had a blast. I would be willing to commish one of the leagues again as it really wasn't all that much hassle.

I'm in .... the Yahoo league system seems pretty good ...

I didn't play last year but I'd be up for joining a league this year if there's space.

I'm in. PM me with info:D

Ok I set up a 10 team league, the settings are the same as the ones I used last year. League name is Survival of the Fittest.

League ID: 165746

Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/svc824

Password to join is patsfans

Good luck gentlemen.

Draft night will be July 26, 8 PM EDT on Saturday.
Please try to show up maybe 15-30 minutes ahead of time so you can download whatever software/updates is needed to participate in the live draft.
I find that owners who draft their own team tend to be a lot more involved/interested in managing their teams as the season progresses, so please don't MISS the draft!!

Scoring & Settings
Setting Value
League ID#: 165746
League Name: Survival of the Fittest
Password: patsfans
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/svc824
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Jul 26 8:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 14, 2008
Trade Review: Commissioner
Waiver Time: 1 day
Post Draft Players: Free Agents
Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)
Roster Positions: QB, QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (15 yards per point; 1 points at 100 yards; 3 points at 200 yards; 5 points at 300 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 1 points at 50 yards; 3 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 200 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 1 points at 50 yards; 3 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 200 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (30 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-1)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Return Yards (30 yards per point)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes

Are you guys having trouble signing into the league or what?

Ok still 8 days to go before the draft starts. Obviously if I don't get enough people I will shut the league down. Is it just too early for people to start thinking Fantasy Football? PM me if you have any questions/problems with creating a team for the League.

I have Sox-Yankees tickets for that Saturday so I can't sign up. If you do the draft at some other time (weeknights work pretty well for me) I could join. Believe me, you want me in your league, I'm usually a nice easy win for one team each week, and my draft picks will provide ample entertainment.

Ok due to the fact that only one person signed up for the league and the draft is today, I deleted it.

Looks like it is too early for fantasy football around here.

I am willing to set up a new league at a later date, but I'd have to see who was interested and WHEN they would be available to draft.

I will be interested in playing, I can usually draft weeknights, 8:00pm or later. If that doesn't work I understand.

If any of you want to play for the first time, and need to learn the basics of Fantasy football, just come check us out at Barracuda. We will help you with everything you need to know FOR FREE.

BTW- im interested in playing if we can set up a 12 team league. For sure. ;)

Last edited:
I'm interested, PM with the details when they are setup!

I want in whatever leagues are still looking for managers. PM me if there's a spot somewhere.

Yeah... if anyone is still looking to do a regular start league for Patsfans, I'm in too.

Well if people are still interested, then post when you'd be available to draft. I am thinking of setting the draft to early September with a 12 team league.

If it's in the evening EST OR in the middle of a work day EST then I shouldn't have a problem, man... just let me know. Dinner time through early evening is tough for me, as are the weekends. Daughter beats out football (real and fantasy).... but not much else does.

Grogans Heroes is ready.... so who's coming in second?

Are there any leagues that haven't drafted yet? I'm very interested.

I'm currently fighting for a playoff spot in fantasy baseball against other patsfans.com members.

I'll sign up. Why don't you go ahead and start the league then decide on the draft time a little later. That way we can begin creating our teams and telling each other profane things in Boston accents.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back