PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Does it exist and if it doesn't shouldn't it?

I am an out of state fan so most of the time the only way I can catch non-national Pats games is on the radio. That's nice but I'd like to see them in action.

I know that there is NFL Sunday ticket but that is $199 to watch all the teams. Problem is I don't care about those other teams I only want to watch the Pats. The other problem with Sunday Ticket is it doesn't let me watch the Pats through the internet which would be very convenient on days where I'd be traveling and want to see it on a laptop or something.

So what I'd really like is to order Patriots ticket to watch JUST Patriots games on tv and internet. Offer it to me for $99 and you have a deal! Bob Kraft can you make this happen? Does any NFL team offer packages to watch just their team? This would really be a boon for out of state fans. Just a thought. What do you guys think?

Nope, Sunday Ticket on DTV or nothing.

Unfortunately, the NFL has made it so that individual teams can not have their own TV Contracts outside their local area. This is thanks to the DirecTV contract that is providing them over 700 million a season.

Your best bet is to go and find a sports bar, if you are old enough to get in. If not, then you want to check out TVUPlayer and Sopcast. The games have been on there from time to time.

Now, regarding DirecTV and the $249 dollars it costs. When you think about it, that is less than $16 a game. It will cost you more than that, more than likely, to go to the bar to watch it. (when you figure in booze and food). I found it to be a much more worthwhile avenue and I get to watch the Pats on my HD TV here at home.

Now, regarding DirecTV and the $249 dollars it costs. When you think about it, that is less than $16 a game.
I have zero problem with the cost. What blows, though, is having to have a separate receiver for each channel watched on DirecTV. With myself, my wife and 2 kids it's getting undoable for us so (we have two receivers now) so I think we're going to have to go to cable to be able to watch 3-4 different things at the same time but keep DTV for Sunday Ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes