Patriots' blueprint for success is a model for the Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15869328.htm
Start with three Super Bowl championships in four years from 2001-04.

Add a bunch of blue-collar players and a team-first approach that subjugates individual glory.

Yes, there is a lot to admire about the New England Patriots, especially for a first-year coach such as the Vikings' Brad Childress, who is trying to build a championship-caliber team.

"I think they're the standard consistency-wise," Childress said. "Three Super Bowls in four years; it's not like any of those years they were injury-free. It's a testament not only to the personnel and the leadership but to the system, where they're able to plug people in... . You want unselfishness. You want guys who'll do whatever it takes to win. That's the fun in this business, is winning. I'd like my team to be like that."
-----
They might not be at the Patriots' level yet, but it would appear they're headed in that direction.

"Having been here less than a year, it's moving that way," Childress said. "I don't compare us to them, but do you admire some of the traits that team has? Yeah. They play hard. They play physical. They can run it. They can throw it and have for a while. And then they're salty as hell on defense. Shoot, those are admirable traits on any team."

Nice article..it takes awhile to get in that directions totally...free agent wise, draft wise..but I think many teams wnat that..and will do similar things to the Pats..not exact..but a Viking version of the Pats.

they're big and good on both sides of the lines and that is where success starts.

And then they're salty as hell on defense.

lol. I don't think I've ever heard a defense called this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents