PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Rough day in Boston Sports

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Not only did the Pats not win their preseason opener (which is of course meaningless unless you are a Bucs fan)...but the Red Sox blew the game when Gagne (courtesy of JD "I Suck" Drew's error) gave up 4 runs in the 8th inning...wow...so much for the "shutdown" bullpen we have heard about!

My money is on us surviving....

Screw the Red Sox! All I care about in Boston Sports right now is the Pats.

Not only did the Pats not win their preseason opener (which is of course meaningless unless you are a Bucs fan)...but the Red Sox blew the game when Gagne (courtesy of JD "I Suck" Drew's error) gave up 4 runs in the 8th inning...wow...so much for the "shutdown" bullpen we have heard about!

I only saw the end of both games....but I could care less about the outcome of pre-season games. Even just to see a few minutes of NFL FOOTBALL and on top of that PATRIOTS FOOTBALL was euphoric. We could lose 75-0 and I'd still be excited about the sheer fact that the season is upon us.

As for the Sox. Holy crap. That game went from one of those games that could've been a real rallying point and character builder, to...I don't even know what the hell. It was just ONE GAME, but be prepared for Yanks fans who will be touting Hughes-Chamberlain (and rightfully so)...I still think there's no way we don't win the division, we turn it around tomorrow with Beckett.

When the RS were up 5-1 in the eighth and Gagne was coming is, did not even switch back as I thought it was a lock, but this am found out it was not..that is what I hate about Baseball, loosing can always be justified and is OK.

Screw the Red Sox! All I care about in Boston Sports right now is the Pats.

Then mabey stay off the redsox board:rolleyes:

---------------------------------------------------

As much as Drew as screwed up this year, and that error hurt. The loss of the game is squarely on the shoulders of gagne...there is no way we even should have been in the situation where that error hurt us!

Dice-K pitched well though

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back