PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

So when a team is due, and they don't win, do they become super duper due, or perhaps super saiyan due where they get special powers to win it all? Asking for a friend.

I think the term used to describe the state of being beyond super duper due is 'jetsified'.
Let's use that in a sentence:
Child: "Mom!!!! Joey beats me at playstation every time! I almost win a lot but then he beats me every time!"
Mom: "Son, you must understand that being jetsified is part of life"

I think the term used to describe the state of being beyond super duper due is 'jetsified'.
Let's use that in a sentence:
Child: "Mom!!!! Joey beats me at playstation every time! I almost win a lot but then he beats me every time!"
Mom: "Son, you must understand that being jetsified is part of life"

Fail

Due is odds and not entitled.

So when a team is due, and they don't win, do they become super duper due, or perhaps super saiyan due where they get special powers to win it all? Asking for a friend.
Sometimes a team can screw it up.

See Atlanta Falcons or the Chiefs. Terrible decisions did them in.

Never made it? Or never won it?

The Eagles were in the ‘81 SB against the Raiders I believe.

Again I’m not saying the Blues can’t or won’t win.

But this idea that the universe will throw em a bone is beyond strange
Of course you are right, but 2004 was pretty damn freaky. Some higher power was involved....

As a (sort of) Blues fan, I consider the Bruins to be a mortal lock. I used to go to Blues games when I was in college in St Louis (does anybody but me remember the old Checkerdome?) Over the years I rooted for them but gradually lost interest because they were perennial playoff chokers. Did any hockey team underachieve more when the playoffs started?

Here's the best way to describe it: if Peyton Manning was a hockey team, he would be the St. Louis Blues

As a (sort of) Blues fan, I consider the Bruins to be a mortal lock. I used to go to Blues games when I was in college in St Louis (does anybody but me remember the old Checkerdome?) Over the years I rooted for them but gradually lost interest because they were perennial playoff chokers. Did any hockey team underachieve more when the playoffs started?

Here's the best way to describe it: if Peyton Manning was a hockey team, he would be the St. Louis Blues

Checkerdome was before my time but still remember stories about it. (Started following when it was known as the Kiel Center.)

Comparing the blues to Manning, I think your giving the blues too much credit. I mean Peyton actually made it to and won a few titles. To me prior to this season they felt like an Andy Reid roster. Oh they can get to the playoffs but it’s usually an early exit.

Every dog has his day.

You can be sure of only change.

Why is 2004 considered pretty damn freaky?
Biggest comeback in MLB history that no team had ever achieved before. Probably the biggest in sports history, unless we want to talk about a certain team overcoming a 28-3 deficit in the freaking Superbowl... Certainly has it's argument as well.

What time is kick off?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back