PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jameis Winston accused of sexual assault by Uber driver

Whoa...that's not the percentage proven false, it's the percentage where authorities decided that there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with the case! (That includes cases where too much time has passed to collect evidence, cases where an accuser doesn't want to testify, cases where the authorities assume nobody will believe a woman because of how she was dressed that night, etc. etc.)

The proven false rate comes in around 5%-6% in most studies:

The Prevalence of False Allegations of Rape in the United States from 2006-2010
https://atixa.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Lisak-False-Allegations-16-VAW-1318-2010.pdf

That's still significantly higher than for other crimes, but to state that nearly half of rape claims are false is wrong and dangerous.

I'm not going to argue this, as it would sidetrack the thread, but my number is for what I said it was. I am not wrong, and stating the facts is not dangerous, except to those with an agenda.

Just for the record, have you ever been wrong?

Yes, and I've often stated that I was wrong, be it about data, or mistypes or style, flat out mistake, etc... right here on this site.

Was that your best shot?

rofl.gif

Whoa...that's not the percentage proven false, it's the percentage where authorities decided that there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with the case! (That includes cases where too much time has passed to collect evidence, cases where an accuser doesn't want to testify, cases where the authorities assume nobody will believe a woman because of how she was dressed that night, etc. etc.)

https://atixa.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Lisak-False-Allegations-16-VAW-1318-2010.pdf

That's still significantly higher than for other crimes, but to state that nearly half of rape claims are false is wrong and dangerous.

Thanks for giving a valid link, it is helpful to counter the nonsense!

... (She also notes that, in her direct experience, the more outspoken one of these guys is about morality and "family values", the more likely they are to be creeps.)...
That sounds like a conclusion that Exponent would write.

Let's not conflate one persons experience and observations with a company being paid millions of dollars to arrive at a conclusion that contradicts scientific facts.

Comparing anyone to Exponent is an enormous insult to that person, so do it carefully!

Exponent would offer theirs as science, while she offers hers explicitly as subjective experience.

Yes, and I've often stated that I was wrong, be it about data, or mistypes or style, flat out mistake, etc... right here on this site.

Was that your best shot?

rofl.gif
Douche,

You will never be worthy of my best shot. But that wasn't a shot at all. It was a question.

Gee, I wonder why Tom Brady has never been accused of groping? o_O

No need to grope when you’re not a dope.

Ron Darby is vouching for Winston, saying he and Winston were in the back seat during the ride ( driver stated JW was front seat passenger) . How does he remember such details on a routine Uber ride from nearly two years ago, unless something happened????
Think of how many Uber/cab rides you've taken in the last few years. Do you remember every detail on each one? How many people in vehicle? Where was everyone seating??
I do remember one specific cab ride in NYC 15 years ago, because the cabby crossed 4 lanes of traffic and plowed into another cab. He told me in heavy accented English, " don't worry, it's my brother's vehicle I hit."

I'm just disgusted with all of these sexual assaults, rapes, molestations, etc. that we've been hearing about. Between sports, congress, and Hollywood it is everywhere and a true epidemic. I can only imagine how much it happens in my own community. My friend is an ER nurse and says they see a lot of patients come in for sexual assaults where they have to do rape kits and contact the police and all that. I don't know what constitutes "a lot" but its definitely frequent. I'm more concerned about my own daughter, especially when she gets older. I most worry when she goes to college. There are several colleges in my area where she could attend that have a bad track record of assaults/rapes on college girls (possibly boys too, not sure).

I'm just disgusted with all of these sexual assaults, rapes, molestations, etc. that we've been hearing about. Between sports, congress, and Hollywood it is everywhere and a true epidemic. I can only imagine how much it happens in my own community. My friend is an ER nurse and says they see a lot of patients come in for sexual assaults where they have to do rape kits and contact the police and all that. I don't know what constitutes "a lot" but its definitely frequent. I'm more concerned about my own daughter, especially when she gets older. I most worry when she goes to college. There are several colleges in my area where she could attend that have a bad track record of assaults/rapes on college girls (possibly boys too, not sure).

I think famous James is innocent of this one. Not that I think he is a saint, but groping the uber driver on a Taco Bell run, just doesn't seem to be something that he would do.

If you went to Hollywood and expected to get casted according to your "talent", instead of the casting couch, if you applied to be Bill Clinton's intern, if you get anywhere near anyone who claims to be a "holy man", you might be in for a suprise.....

If you believe that the college rape/sexual assault numbers are real, then you should not send your daughter into that environment.

What really sickens me is explosion of teachers, clergy, prison guards that have been raping people. I don't care what you think, if you have power over someone, you have no business having sexual relations with them, it is all rape, and these people need to be jailed and castrated.

I'd guess the actual prevalence of sexual assault has not increased but the willingness to come forward with an accusation of it or get a rape kit done has increased. And that's a good thing.

I think famous James is innocent of this one. Not that I think he is a saint, but groping the uber driver on a Taco Bell run, just doesn't seem to be something that he would do.

Well since you seem to know him so well you can ask him when you see him at Thanksgiving this week.

Ron Darby is vouching for Winston, saying he and Winston were in the back seat during the ride ( driver stated JW was front seat passenger) . How does he remember such details on a routine Uber ride from nearly two years ago, unless something happened????
Think of how many Uber/cab rides you've taken in the last few years. Do you remember every detail on each one? How many people in vehicle? Where was everyone seating??
I do remember one specific cab ride in NYC 15 years ago, because the cabby crossed 4 lanes of traffic and plowed into another cab. He told me in heavy accented English, " don't worry, it's my brother's vehicle I hit."

If something BAD happened, he would have remembered it and wouldn’t vouch for it.

I'd guess the actual prevalence of sexual assault has not increased but the willingness to come forward with an accusation of it or get a rape kit done has increased. And that's a good thing.

ALso the false accusations are increasing

If something BAD happened, he would have remembered it and wouldn’t vouch for it.
So a guy wouldn't lie to protect a former teammate/friend?

If nothing happened- he wouldn't remember it..
If something happened- he would remember it- and yes people lie to protect their friends/relatives ( and also make false accusations). Spend some time in family court and you'll see what I mean........

I am familiar with the study he is referencing. He is completely misunderstanding the conclusions. (And note how he doesn't provide any link to this supposed FBI study).

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back