PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

Anybody else think the Texans are behind this?

WTF are you going on about? This has ZERO to do with Kraft..

This is about Deshaun Watson potentially having assaulted 9 women.. OR this hack lawyer setting him up for some reason.
A team will end up signing Watson. It won't be the Pats, in large part because Kraft will want to avoid parallels with his own indiscretions.

Because of Kraft and the civil allegations against Watson, Watson's level of "radioactivity" becomes insurmountable for the Pats.

I’m finding the fact that 9 separate women are accusing him of crimes that not only fall into sexual misconduct but some that inarguably fall into outright sexual assault if not rape far less amusing than some of the people in here. Sure maybe it’s a giant conspiracy led by a crazy ass owner idk. But it looks real bad.
I found the initial claim to be a real head scratcher... some of these most recent ones seem very serious - as you said, some are truly assault and potentially rape. I do take it more seriously now. I will certainly welcome more information and to see how things play out. However, I have also maintained a fair amount of suspicion, considering his current relationship with the team and the fact that the accusing attorney is a mega-fan of said team (and the way that attorney is conducting himself).

At the end of the day, it should totally tank his trade value and keep him in place, which is what Houston may want. If it is somehow a con job, I would not put it past Easterby to have said "well if he doesn't want to play for us, I'll make sure he can't play anywhere."

Houston has to feel like Gamestop holders as they watched their $400 shares fall to $40.

A month ago they could have at least matched the haul Detroit received, but now they aren't getting anything until this issue is resolved.
Damn that not yet invented time machine.

The timing is very suspicious.
This doesn’t make sense to me. Why wouldn’t they just trade him for a pile of first round picks? If the team is behind it, then they’re sabotaging themselves.

I’d say it’s more likely he knew this was coming and was trying to get out of Dodge.

At what point can Texas void his contract if they wanted to (although I'm guessing they'd prefer a trade if it ever got to that point)? I read about how Watson can lose up to $21 mil if he sits/holds out. What are the cap ramifications for both of those things?

I think this is the kind of distraction that’s likely to drive Watson to actually turn up for training camp and honor his contract, just to change the conversation. And then no one is trading for him (just as no one is trading for him now.)

So every victim just happened to call the same attorney? And they just all decided to do it now while he is in the middle of demanding a trade.

Yeah sure it's all just a coincidence. And the accusations that I have seen so far are all similar. He solicited them and they all said no and he left. If that is true what exactly did he do wrong?

Watson: Hey honey want to (fill in the blank)?
Female: Um no! Or **** off

It's over done deal really not seeing sexual "assault" here. And if that is considered sexual assault it's been cheapened down to nothing.

So every victim just happened to call the same attorney? And they just all decided to do it now while he is in the middle of demanding a trade.

Yeah sure it's all just a coincidence. And the accusations that I have seen so far are all similar. He solicited them and they all said no and he left. If that is true what exactly did he do wrong?

Watson: Hey honey want to (fill in the blank)?
Female: Um no! Or **** off

It's over done deal really not seeing sexual "assault" here. And if that is considered sexual assault it's been cheapened down to nothing.
Have you seen the third accusation?

“the third suit claims the massage therapist, who now lives in Oregon, was coerced and intimidated by Watson to “move her mouth towards his penis, forcing Plaintiff to perform oral sex on him. Plaintiff did not consent to any of this conduct. Plaintiff blacked out for a few minutes from the fear.”

The suit goes on to allege that after Watson left, “Plaintiff was left shaking, violated and ashamed. Plaintiff was so shaken that she defecated on herself and ran to the bathroom to clean herself up.”

This one lawyer representing all these women is definitely strange and probably isn’t a coincidence. But my theory is that Watson’s transgressions were known to some members of the Texans organization and someone dropped a tip to this lawyer on who to contact.

Because of Bob Kraft's extracurricular Tug Tug Wink Wink activities at a Massage Parlor... yeah this makes Watson untouchable to the Patriots.
I mean he already forced the team to CUT Antonio Brown over sending a text message.
There's no way Kraft would approve bringing on Watson with all these allegations of sexual assault, whether they turn out to be well founded or not.

Have you seen the third accusation?

“the third suit claims the massage therapist, who now lives in Oregon, was coerced and intimidated by Watson to “move her mouth towards his penis, forcing Plaintiff to perform oral sex on him. Plaintiff did not consent to any of this conduct. Plaintiff blacked out for a few minutes from the fear.”

The suit goes on to allege that after Watson left, “Plaintiff was left shaking, violated and ashamed. Plaintiff was so shaken that she defecated on herself and ran to the bathroom to clean herself up.”
Yuck.

Because of Bob Kraft's extracurricular Tug Tug Wink Wink activities at a Massage Parlor... yeah this makes Watson untouchable to the Patriots.
I mean he already forced the team to CUT Antonio Brown over sending a text message.
There's no way Kraft would approve bringing on Watson with all these allegations of sexual assault, whether they turn out to be well founded or not.
The Pats seemed willing to stick by their practice of giving players a clean slate. The problem was that as soon as he became a Patriot, the flood gates opened; there were multiple accusations against him. And then it became clear that not only was his past a problem, he wasn't willing to behave in Foxboro, either.

At what point can Texas void his contract if they wanted to (although I'm guessing they'd prefer a trade if it ever got to that point)? I read about how Watson can lose up to $21 mil if he sits/holds out. What are the cap ramifications for both of those things?
Since some of these allegations predated him signing the contract extension in September 2020, isn't there a clause in the contract that players sogn saying they know of nothing that would prevent them from fulfilling their obligations?.( committing a criminal offense) If he gets arrested or suspended for a year, I can see the Texans trying to void his contract and trying to get their money back.... Wasn't that the argument in the Hernandez situation??

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back