PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Okay Pats Fans...I'm Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Okay Pats Fans....im Ready

go ahead... Give me your best.

JETS - I actually thought there might be a rivalry brewing, sorry for a rivalry to exist teams must be competitive.

I was very disapointed to see Jet fans cheering when Pennington got hurt. Fans from big markets should know better. Very embarassing.

Visiting Locker Room

Yesterday's game was what I expected it to be. The Pats being heads and shoulders above the Jets who I felt overachieved last year and were due to come crashing back to Earth.

I like Pennington, he seems like a competitor, so its tough to see Jet fans cheering when he got hurt. That was very "Philly-like" in my opinion. I think in the end, the Jets will go 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Bottom line is Mangini isn't the genius Jet fans think he is.

JETS - I actually thought there might be a rivalry brewing, sorry for a rivalry to exist teams must be competitive.

I was very disapointed to see Jet fans cheering when Pennington got hurt. Fans from big markets should know better. Very embarassing.

I have never been more embarrased to be a Jets fan...

That was terrible.

Yesterday's game was what I expected it to be. The Pats being heads and shoulders above the Jets who I felt overachieved last year and were due to come crashing back to Earth.

I like Pennington, he seems like a competitor, so its tough to see Jet fans cheering when he got hurt. That was very "Philly-like" in my opinion. I think in the end, the Jets will go 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Bottom line is Mangini isn't the genius Jet fans think he is.

Mangini is a good young coach that has this team headed on the right track...

We'll be right with you guys in 2 or 3 years time.

The Patriots blew out the jets in the playoff game. We told you this. While that game was close, scoreboard-wise, for much of the contest, the Patriots were driving up and down the field all day and the jets had a ton of trouble - except for one or two times in the second half - moving the ball AT ALL. It wasn't close and yesterday wasn't going to be, either.

Easy game. You lose. Told ya so. Thanks for showing up, though.

Mangini is a good young coach that has this team headed on the right track...

We'll be right with you guys in 2 or 3 years time.

You think the Jets will be at an elite level in 2/3 years? That's where the Pats are. Bottom line is you need a QB, not just a servicable one, but an elite QB.

Look at the Bears. They have a super defense and pretty good offense, but with Grossman at the helm, they'll never win a Lombardi.

You think the Jets will be at an elite level in 2/3 years? That's where the Pats are. Bottom line is you need a QB, not just a servicable one, but an elite QB.

Look at the Bears. They have a super defense and pretty good offense, but with Grossman at the helm, they'll never win a Lombardi.

no but the bears are still good enough to compete because of that defense.

Look, I'm not saying that we're anywhere close to having a great D like the bears or O like the Colts... But I like the direction Mangini and Tannenbaum have this franchise headed in.

We have a solid core of young home-grown players that are beginning to step up and play well at key positions. Another couple drafts, some free agent signings, and some more experience for the young guys and we'll be right there.

I was expecting a close game, they usually are between these two teams. Didn't know what to expect from the Patriots with it being the first game of the season and all.

I was stunned by the way the game played out. One game does not a season make, but the Patriots looked terrific on both sides of the ball, especially on offense. Brady had all day to throw, the Jets had to respect the deep threat, so they couldn't bring the safeties up and blitz the Patriots to death. They had to play more of a zone defense and they got torched. The Patriots did whatever they wanted to. Usually, the Jets come roaring back, yesterday, nothing.

Moss was on another level, he looked unreal. Everyone keeps talking about how he was jogging, he has a different running style and he lopes more than runs, he is quite a talent, that TD where he ran by all four of the Jets in the secondary was incredible.

All of that said, the teams were on two different levels, we'll see how things play out. I admire the Hell out of Chad, the guy is a warrior, my hat is off to him.

I also respect you for coming back here, good luck the rest of the season and I hope Chad is ok, that looked brutal, thought he broke his ankle for sure...............

Look, I'm not saying that we're anywhere close to having a great D like the bears or O like the Colts... But I like the direction Mangini and Tannenbaum have this franchise headed in.

We have a solid core of young home-grown players that are beginning to step up and play well at key positions. Another couple drafts, some free agent signings, and some more experience for the young guys and we'll be right there.

I agree, it's a good direction. And in about 10 years when Brady retires you might have a shot.

The key for the Jets is to load up on draft picks. Trade Pennington at the end of the season for picks or even a guy like Vilma. The Pats were built on the draft and you need to find a way to get a franchise pick.

The irony is if Peyton Manning didn't decide to stay for a senior season at U of Tennessee, he'd be the Jets QB today since he'd have been picked at #1 by NYJ that year and history could have been dramatically changed.

I like the direction Mangini and Tannenbaum have this franchise headed in.

We have a solid core of young home-grown players that are beginning to step up and play well at key positions.

Kerry Rhodes and Cotchery and Mangold and maybe Revis and...um...um...um...

Kerry Rhodes and Cotchery and Mangold and maybe Revis and...um...um...um...

let me help you out...
Vilma, Leon Washington, David Harris, D'Brick (he's gotta get better eventually, right?) Brad Smith, Justin Miller...

They're not there yet, but give them another 2-3 years when all these guys have experience under their belts and are in their prime...We'll be there.

let me help you out...
Vilma, Leon Washington, David Harris, D'Brick (he's gotta get better eventually, right?) Brad Smith, Justin Miller...

They're not there yet, but give them another 2-3 years when all these guys have experience under their belts and are in their prime...We'll be there.

You still need a franchise QB.

I'm hoping KC can beat out Pennington by next year, that'll be nice.

Honestly, do you really expect either of those quarterbacks to lead you to a Super Bowl victory?

OK, GGM, you came back. The garbage that went on before the game was just that. Sometimes fans' objectivity goes on vacation when the expectations don't match the capabilities of the team. In your case, you just went on an around-the-world cruise, and it sounds like you're only halfway home. Good luck the rest of the way, you're team is really going to need it.

And need I remind you that the Jets defense had 38 points rung up on them?
Makes my prediction of a 31-13 win look tame with the actual outcome, lol.
You guys need help badly. Your Jets can't play with the big boys.
Try to scrape some wins against the lower tier teams and maybe you'l sniff 2nd or 3rd place in the division.
The fins are truly horrible. The Bills... well they're not much better. At least you have that to look forward to.

Last edited:

And need I remind you that the Jets defense had 38 points rung up on them?
Makes my prediction of a 31-13 win look tame with the actual outcome, lol.
You guys need help badly. Your Jets can't play with the big boys.
Try to scrape some wins against the lower tier teams and maybe you'l sniff 2nd or 3rd place in the division.
The fins are truly horrible. The Bills... well they're not much better. At least you have that to look forward to.

Your point would be much stronger if you read past the 1st sentence of my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore