PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Prospect Visits/Workouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, we just posted our rumor inventory at BSMW, in case you might be interested. Let me know if you have anything to add. E-mail is in the post.

Added TE Joe Newton - Oregon St

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=66&p=2&c=629152

“I had a few meetings with a few different teams,” Newton said. “I don’t know what it’s meant, but I’ve met with the Minnesota Vikings, St Louis Rams, and New England Patriots
  • RB Lorenzo Booker - PW
  • WR Chris Davis - PW
  • WR Courtney Taylor - PW
  • TE Joe Newton - PV
  • OT Joe Staley - PW
  • CB Usama Young - PW
  • CB Leon Hall - PW
  • FS Reggie Nelson - PW
  • FS Brandon Meriweather - W
  • ILB Jon Beason - PW
  • LB David Harris - PW
  • OLB Lawrence Timmons - PW
  • OLB Earl Everett - PW
  • OLB Stewart Bradley - W
  • OLB Rufus Alexander - PW
  • DE/OLB LaMarr Woodley - PW
  • DE Adam Carriker - W
  • DE Jay Moore - W
  • DE Anthony Spencer - INTV

Okay, if his off-the-field bullcrap turns out to be nothing we can't handle, here's a thought: Brandon Merriweather, Adalius Thomas, BB, a whiteboard, and some psychotropic drugs. Lock the door for a weekend and see what the playbook brings.

You put that much insane versatility into a defense, and you have the makings of a game-planning free-for-all every week... just like we like it.

Just my .02 worth,

PFnV

Okay, if his off-the-field bullcrap turns out to be nothing we can't handle, here's a thought: Brandon Merriweather, Adalius Thomas, BB, a whiteboard, and some psychotropic drugs. Lock the door for a weekend and see what the playbook brings.

You put that much insane versatility into a defense, and you have the makings of a game-planning free-for-all every week... just like we like it.

Just my .02 worth,

PFnV

Well, to be honest Meriweather is my second favorite Safety in this draft, when it comes to talent, versatility, and the type of game he would bring to NE's secondary. I used to talk about him more, and if NE stays put at 24 & 28 I secretly hope they pick him. I'm not giving Meriweather to NE in any of my recent mocks or projections, because I'm not going according to what I want, but what I think they could do. I think he gets a bad rap as well, and that's part of the reason I'm still holding out some hope NE will pick him.

Re: Meachem to visit

This was posted by DefenseRules in the main forum.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=386083&postcount=1

March 26th, 2007
Meachem coming to Foxboro
Posted by Albert Breer at 5:54 pm

Agent Jeff Griffin just confirmed that Tennessee WR Robert Meachem will be visiting Foxboro, a meeting that is tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday and was set up after offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and receivers coach Nick Caserio checked him out at Tennessee’s Pro Day last Wednesday.

This is significant because each team is only allowed 20 in-house visits prior to the draft. The only other visit reported to have been scheduled, at this point, involves Purdue DE/OLB Anthony Spencer. And it’s also notable since it would probably cost the team either the 24th or 28th overall pick to get him, as he’s risen on draft boards into the neighborhood right behind Calvin Johnson and Ted Ginn.

throw in Brandon Siler and Aaron Sears(likely)

-bostonherald

KFFL

Patriots | Beason to visit team
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:54:31 -0700

Albert Breer, of the Boston Herald, reports University of Miami (Fla.) LB Jon Beason is scheduled to visit the New England Patriots in April, according to a league source.

Dryheat this one is for you! There could be worse picks at 24 & 28 but it would be very nice if we could somehow trade back and get both of them in round 2.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/03/harris_wilson_1.html

Michigan linebacker David Harris and Maryland cornerback Josh Wilson are part of the list, as both are scheduled to meet with team officials at Gillette in the weeks leading up to the draft.

Dryheat this one is for you! There could be worse picks at 24 & 28 but it would be very nice if we could somehow trade back and get both of them in round 2.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/03/harris_wilson_1.html

Michigan linebacker David Harris and Maryland cornerback Josh Wilson are part of the list, as both are scheduled to meet with team officials at Gillette in the weeks leading up to the draft.

I just read the same thing and was coming here to post. Two of my favorites indeed.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/03/hall_to_visit.html
March 28, 2007
Hall to visit
Michigan cornerback Leon Hall is among the prospects who will make a pre-draft visit to Gillette Stadium.

NFL teams are allowed up to 30 visits with out-of-town prospects (the visits were recently expanded from a maximum of 20). The visits could mean a variety of things, as some teams use them as smokescreens, others want to double-check medical information, while others might have questions they didn't have answered on the scouting trail.

Update...

• RB Lorenzo Booker - PW (#97 R3)
  • RB Michael Bush - PV (#83 R3)
  • WR Chris Davis - PW (#114 R3-4)
  • WR Courtney Taylor - PW (#86 R3)
  • WR Robert Meachem - PV (#16 R1)
  • TE Joe Newton - PV (#132 R4)
  • OT Joe Staley - PW (#41 R1-2)
  • CB Usama Young - PW
  • CB Leon Hall - PW/PV (#9 R1)
  • CB Josh Wilson - PV (#67 R2-3)
  • FS Reggie Nelson - PW (#20 R1)
  • FS Brandon Meriweather - PW (#33 R1-2)
  • ILB David Harris - PW/PV (#66 R2-3)
  • OLB Jon Beason - PW/PV (#37 R1-2)
  • OLB Lawrence Timmons - PW (#23 R1)
  • OLB Earl Everett - PW (#99 R3-4)
  • OLB Stewart Bradley - PW (#77 R3)
  • OLB Rufus Alexander - PW (#52 R2)
  • DE/OLB LaMarr Woodley - PW (#44 R2)
  • DE Adam Carriker - PW (#18 R1)
  • DE Jay Moore - PW (#144 R4-5)
  • DE/OLB Anthony Spencer - PV (#29 R1-2)
PV = Private Visit
PW = Private Workout

---

Just a quick comment on the list so far:

Using the NFLDraftScout rankings, I added each prospect's overall rank and projected round. Notice that 5 from the list are ranked inside the top 23. And from that 5, my guess is Hall and Carriker would be the least likely to make it to #24.

Last edited:
Added Willis and Hughes...

• RB Lorenzo Booker - PW (#97 R3)
  • RB Michael Bush - PV (#83 R3)
  • WR Chris Davis - PW (#114 R3-4)
  • WR Courtney Taylor - PW (#86 R3)
  • WR Robert Meachem - PV (#16 R1)
  • TE Joe Newton - PV (#132 R4)
  • OT Joe Staley - PW (#41 R1-2)
  • CB Usama Young - PW
  • CB Leon Hall - PW/PV (#9 R1)
  • CB Josh Wilson - PV (#67 R2-3)
  • CB Daymeion Hughes - PV (#91 R3)
  • FS Reggie Nelson - PW (#20 R1)
  • FS Brandon Meriweather - PW (#33 R1-2)
  • ILB David Harris - PW/PV (#66 R2-3)
  • ILB Patrick Willis - PV (#23 R1)
  • OLB Jon Beason - PW/PV (#37 R1-2)
  • OLB Lawrence Timmons - PW (#23 R1)
  • OLB Earl Everett - PW (#99 R3-4)
  • OLB Stewart Bradley - PW (#77 R3)
  • OLB Rufus Alexander - PW (#52 R2)
  • DE/OLB LaMarr Woodley - PW (#44 R2)
  • DE Adam Carriker - PW (#18 R1)
  • DE Jay Moore - PW (#144 R4-5)
  • DE/OLB Anthony Spencer - PV (#29 R1-2)
PV = Private Visit
PW = Private Workout

---

Just a quick comment on the list so far:

Using the NFLDraftScout rankings, I added each prospect's overall rank and projected round. Notice that 6 from the list are ranked inside the top 23. And from those 6, my guess is Hall, Carriker, and Willis would be the least likely to make it to #24.

Willis and Hughes to visit...

It may be difficult, but if we nudge him enough, maybe we can get PATSNUTme to tell us his thoughts on THE LB visit. :D

Excerpts from Reiss:

The Patriots are expected to host a handful of draft prospects in the coming weeks, a group highlighted by Mississippi linebacker Patrick Willis.

The Patriots also are scheduled to host linebackers David Harris of Michigan and Jon Beason of Miami, running back Michael Bush (Louisville), and cornerbacks Leon Hall (Michigan), Josh Wilson (Maryland), and Daymeion Hughes (California).

Each NFL team is allowed to host up to 30 out-of-town prospects at its home facility before the draft. The visits can be used to double-check medical situations, as smoke screens to throw off other clubs, or to interview a player who wasn't available to meet with the team at an earlier date.

Re: Willis and Hughes to visit...

What about Josh Wilson, I'd put him in the subject too. I am high on him after hearing about DH44's man crush on him.

I'm kinda surprises that hey would bring Willis into Foxboro for a visit and announce it publicly.

Seeing he IS the man that the Patriots will be going after, I would have thought they would meet him at midnight in a high school field in the woods of Miss.

Bringing in the others are just a smoke screen but I suppose they have to look at others just in case they can't work out a trade for Willis. :rocker:

I'm kinda surprises that hey would bring Willis into Foxboro for a visit and announce it publicly.

Seeing he IS the man that the Patriots will be going after, I would have thought they would meet him at midnight in a high school field in the woods of Miss.

Bringing in the others are just a smoke screen but I suppose they have to look at others just in case they can't work out a trade for Willis. :rocker:

It's probably just "the old double-reverse-smokescreen-trick."

It's probably just "the old double-reverse-smokescreen-trick."
It could even be a triple reverse smokescreen(but where would that leave us).:confused: :confused: :confused:

It could even be a triple reverse smokescreen(but where would that leave us).:confused: :confused: :confused:

Heavensakes! Not in front PATSNUTme...........

I've sorted them by type of interview to see what the totals look like. I love having this tally, maybe next year we'll have answers for the slew of "do the Pats ever really draft the guys they interview" questions!

Foxboro visits:
Anthony Spencer, DE/OLB
Robert Meachem, WR
Jon Beason, LB
David Harris, LB
Josh Wilson, CB
Leon Hall, CB
Patrick Willis, LB
Michael Bush, RB
Daymeion Hughes, CB

Private workouts:

Reggie Nelson, S
Earl Everett, S
Brandon Meriweather, S
Jon Beason, S
Steve Blaylark, RB
Usama Young, CB
Chris Davis, WR
Lawrence Timmons, LB
Adam Carriker, DE
Jay Moore, DE/OLB
Stewart Bradley, LB
Joe Staley, OT
Lorenzo Booker, RB
Courtney Taylor, WR
LaMarr Woodley, DE/OLB
David Harris, LB
Leon Hall, CB
Rufus Alexander, LB

I think it is important to know who had a PW & VIS, and who just scheduled a visit, or who just had a PW.

The FULL list:

RB Lorenzo Booker - PW
RB Chris Henry - PW
RB Kenny Irons - PW
RB Michael Bush - VIS
RB Antonio Pittman - PW
RB Justise Hairston - PW

WR Robert Mecheam - VIS
WR Chris Davis - PW
WR Courtney Taylor - PW
WR Jacoby Jones - PW

TE Greg Olsen - PW

OT Joe Staley - PW

CB Usama Young - PW
CB Leon Hall - PW & VIS
CB David Irons - PW
CB Eric Wright - PW

FS Reggie Nelson - PW
FS Brandon Meriweather - PW

SS Josh Gattis - PW

ILB Patrick Willis - VIS
ILB Jon Beason - PW & VIS
ILB Buster Davis - PW
ILB David Harris - PW & VIS
ILB Brandon Siler - PW
ILB Desmond Bishop - PW

OLB Lawrence Timmons - PW
OLB Earl Everett - PW
OLB Stewart Bradley - PW
OLB Rufus Alexander - PW

DE/OLB LaMarr Woodley - PW
DE Adam Carriker - PW
DE Jay Moore - PW
DE Anthony Spencer - PW & VIS

Marcus Thomas DT - PW

* PW - Private Workout

* VIS - Private visit at Foxboro Scheduled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents