PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not FA/trade news but Tua has been named Miami’s new starting qb. Interesting timing considering fitz has been playing well of late.

Not FA/trade news but Tua has been named Miami’s new starting qb. Interesting timing considering fitz has been playing well of late.

The Pats should trade for Fitz, just so he can complete the AFC East sweepstakes (and he is better than either Stidham or Hoyer).

He cannot get on the field in Cincinnati but the cost might be worth the risk given WR depth.

Don't judge a player's production too much here in Cincinnati. They're garbage coaches and a bad organization overall... Burkhead is a similar case where when he signed with the Pats, everyone around me was saying "Damn dude you all got a great player who was used terribly here."

I've not heard much on Ross, but he could just be in a bad system. Not that it promises production by any means, but he is certainly motivated to make a statement - it's the whole reason why he wants to be traded, so he has an argument for teams to give him a decent contract after this year.

He might not work out but if it was a low pick, i'd trade it for Ross. If he could pick it up, he could be good in the offense. Would kill teams with his speed on WR screens

The proposed Thuney-Ertz swap is painfully terrible, but beyond that it's mostly a list of guys who are barely worth their contract alone, and therefore have limited pick trade value.

AJ Green: 4th+conditional 6th
Anthony Harris: 4th
Ryan Kerrigan: conditional 4th
Marvin Jones: 6th+7th
David Njoku: 5th
Sheldon Rankins: 5th
Avery Williamson: 5th
James Carpenter: 4th

with Ertz missing a month I would put him in the FA category instead of the midseason trade. I would be interested in Njoku for a late rounder.

Don't get your hopes up too high. This team is in need of completely new
wide receiving and tight end corps. Maybe, Asiasi and Keene will be a start
but who knows?

The only way the Falcons can afford to trade Jones is to trade Alex Mack and maybe even another player with him, I was playing with the calculator over at OTC, and the Falcons only have a little less than 2 mil in cap space right now. Trading Jones (because he has a bunch of prorated bonus money spread out over the next three years) adds roughly 12 million to their cap, putting them over by slightly more than 10 mil. The only way to make that work is to include another player or two in the trade whose trade would bring the Falcons salary cap down enough to get them under the cap.

So here is the trade: Jones, Mack and Todd Gurley to the Pats for the Pats First and third round picks next year. Mack is a free agent after this year and so is Gurley, neither one were going to be brought back, so thier inclusion is really the only way the Falcons can trade away Jones and stay under the cap.

Mack could step right in at center, Gurley really doesnt have much left, and Jones would be a just what the doctor ordered. Plus Jones is signed for the next three years. Not sure if the Falcons would go for it, but at least I've made is feasible.

I’m wondering if for the first time in two decades we will be sellers at the deadline.
Outside of Thuney, who else would teams want ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News