PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney Will Outrush Tomlinson 2:1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRBLAZE

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Couldn't get many to agree with me when I went on record calling for Laurence to rush for 125yds and 1 TD against the Jags. This time, I'm even more sure than I was last week. Not only will Laurence make another statement against San Diego, he's going to out-rush pretty boy, Mr. Class himself, LT by a 2:1 margin.

LT - 63yds, 1TD
Laurence, - 126yds, 2TD

Last edited:
my prediction for maroney is he will have over 100 but with only 1 TD....moss will have his other one :)

Couldn't get many to agree with me when I went on record calling for Laurence to rush for 125yds and 1 TD against the Jags. This time, I'm even more sure than I was last week. Not only will Laurence make another statement against San Diego, he's going to out-rush pretty boy, Mr. Class himself, LT by a 2:1 margin.

LT - 63yds, 1TD
Laurence, - 126yds, 2TD

NFLF_Laurence_Maroney_100106.jpg

how many rushes will they each get?

I hope he does but this is just a wild guess and we have no idea. LT could torch us for 3 TDs for all we know.

Last edited:
I would predict nearly equal numbers. I think few would dispute that taken alone, LT is a better overall RB than Maroney; however, throw in his recent slump (predominantly due to the Chargers' O-line meeting up against tougher and tougher teams) and injury and the Pats' oustanding offensive line and you have the makings of a pretty even rushing game. In addition, the Chargers' O is more run-oriented than the Patriots' counterpart so I would expect more carries from LT. Hopefully Maroney won't throw us for too many yards/TDs (knock on wood) and LT will show more of what we know he's capable of.

Last edited:
I would predict nearly equal numbers. I think few would dispute that taken alone, LT is a better overall RB than Maroney; however, throw in his recent slump (predominantly due to the Chargers' O-line meeting up against tougher and tougher teams) and injury and the Pats' oustanding offensive line and you have the makings of a pretty even rushing game. In addition, the Chargers' O is more run-oriented than the Patriots' counterpart so I would expect more carries from LT. Hopefully Maroney won't throw us for too many yards/TDs (knock on wood) and LT will show more of what we know he's capable of.

Should be a great game! LM was sparingly used during the early part of the season, which was aggravated when SM went to the IR. Now he appears to be rested, healthy, and hungry. Just when we need our best game, the Pats O appears more balanced than anytime this season. The O line is playing at a high level of efficiency, and our D has been "stout enough" when it's counted.

SD, on the other hand, is playing inspired (though banged up) and no one can deny LDT's talent. IMO, LDT will need a great game AND PR will need to play mistake-free to advance.

Even with a perfect game from the SD offense, your D has to stop TB. Expect TB to have an extraordinary game; it's his time of year!

It can't get here soon enough! :) :)

LT - 63yds, 1TD
Laurence, - 126yds, 2TD

That's fine and dandy, BUT can you check your crystal ball to see how many yards Michael Turner will have?

That's fine and dandy, BUT can you check your crystal ball to see how many yards Michael Turner will have?
I can't peer into the future on command, it just has come to me. I'm serious, remember this thread, Laurence is going to rush for well over 100yds yet again, and rush for a score or two, AND outperform LT. He's not slowing down, we're going to ride behind him, keep taking the short passes, maybe catch someone slipping downfield.... whatever happens, Laurence Maroney is going to have a very big part in it. It's his time.

Last edited:

LT - 63yds, 1TD
Laurence, - 126yds, 2TD

book it!

Pretty bold statement. I hope your right though. I think some running lanes will open up again this week because the Chargers LB's and secondary will be too worried about Moss and the recieving gang.

Boney has shown something these past few weeks. A couple more like these and I could become a believer in him!! He's got the tools, now he seems to be willing to use them. We'll see on Sunday.

"It's why we play the games." -- anon.

//

Maroney will be as good as always, but Sunday is for Moss. He is going to explode.

the pats wont have a 100 yard rusher in this game, that is my prediction. brady will have a lot of yards though.

the pats wont have a 100 yard rusher in this game, that is my prediction. brady will have a lot of yards though.

So long as the Pats score more points than the Chargers by the end of the game, I don't care who gets what in terms of yardatge.

i hope he cracks 100 again.

if brady is under 30 pass attempts again, that can only mean good things (unless the weather takes an extreme turn for the worse)

So long as the Pats score more points than the Chargers by the end of the game, I don't care who gets what in terms of yardatge.

i hear ya, i am just saying that its gonna all be through the air. the pats would be better off just forgetting about the running game like indy did.

I wouldn't go as far to compare him to a hall of famer by any means. But I will say this, the playcalling for Maroney has been fantastic. I kind of wonder if they knew he could break 20 yard runs consistently running off the tackles breaking it to the outside.? Is this something they just figured out? Or were they saving it for the playoffs?

LT - 63yds, 1TD
Laurence, - 126yds, 2TD
Well LT went out so I can't gloat on that regard, BUT, again I was very close with Laurence's numbers for the 2nd week in a row. Love you Laurence!

Laurence - 122yds 1TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes