PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones 2021 Season Tracker: 3801 Yards, 22TD, 13INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great read from Evan Lazar...worth everyone's time

Good read thanks for sharing. I know some of the snarky fake-expert posters look down on lazar (don't know why), but he's been putting out good content all season from what I've seen. The main thing I disagree with is I think he said that the OLine has been average going into week5 which I would strongly disagree with.

Oh, no. Rex Ryan called Mac Jones a “pea shooter.“ Who pissed on Rex’s lawn?

Suck some toes Rex.

Suck some toes Rex.
He could be 4-1 right now without the fumbles by the running backs. Totally different narrative and probably a lot of hype with a few more bounces.

However, Mac has not really been able to showcase any kind of deep ball success. Whether thats through the coaching or lack of ability I have no idea just yet. You can use he’s young argument but then again, so is Herbert and he delivers big time throws. My hope is just like Brady it develops over time. Everything else is way ahead and looking bright for the rookie.

Rex Ryan: Mac Jones closer to Danny Weurffel than Tom Brady...

Last edited:

Suck some toes Rex.
Why does Rex Ryan hate Mac Jones? I saw him say that and couldn't imagine why a grown *** man would say something so demeaning about rookie QB!

Why does Rex Ryan hate Mac Jones? I saw him say that and couldn't imagine why a grown *** man would say something so demeaning about rookie QB!
Very simple. It has to do with BB and not Mac. See, he believes BB successes were due to Brady and without Brady, he could have inversely won more games and not be fired. He preached this to his guys, Revis, Bart etc. So if BB gets any success with Jones, it will lower his(Rex) self esteem of how good a coach he is. I can go further but if you still don’t get it, I can write it.

Because, like you said, he's both grown - and an ***.

i love your signature meme so much lol
the big bang theory sheldon GIF

Very simple. It has to do with BB and not Mac. See, he believes BB successes were due to Brady and without Brady, he could have inversely won more games and not be fired. He preached this to his guys, Revis, Bart etc. So if BB gets any success with Jones, it will lower his(Rex) self esteem of how good a coach he is. I can go further but if you still don’t get it, I can write it.
Got it. So he is a small little man residing in a fat man body!

Mac is doing quite well despite the disappointing result.

Mac is doing quite well despite the disappointing result.

He's a tough kid. I fear a couple things:
- his health taking so many big hits
- learning bad habits with a bad OLine messes up how he reads progressions.
- he needs to recalibrate back to being excellent at no INTs, like his first 2 weeks, ignore the crappy coaching telling him to just sling it into 50/50 situations deep.

That 75 yard TD reminded me so much of his days at Bama. I am not sure why he is not being allowed to attempt more of those this year?

Mac is an excellent thrower of deep balls, people criticizing his short throws as somehow due to his arm strength (dead wrong), are ignoring the bad OLine and lack of time to throw anything deep most of the time.

He's a tough kid. I fear a couple things:
- his health taking so many big hits
- learning bad habits with a bad OLine messes up how he reads progressions.
- he needs to recalibrate back to being excellent at no INTs, like his first 2 weeks, ignore the crappy coaching telling him to just sling it into 50/50 situations deep.
You guys need to get on the same page. First, its...ok play it safe, throw short dumps....then its, hey stop throwing those short throws, lets gun, then when he starts turning it over, its bad, to...hey, lets throw it short and in control.

You guys need to get on the same page. First, its...ok play it safe, throw short dumps....then its, hey stop throwing those short throws, lets gun, then when he starts turning it over, its bad, to...hey, lets throw it short and in control.

Nah I've been fine with how he played the first 2 weeks. I don't like how he started slinging it due to mediot criticism and bad oc coaching saying he was leaving open players deep. With this crappy OLine and oc letting him get killed, I am all for 25 for 30 every week for 220 yards and no picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft