Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Kick off or Receive if the game went to OT?

• Kick off

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Receive

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know if this was brought up elsewhere but if the game had gone to OT would you have kicked off or taken the ball if we won the toss? I know you always take the ball but I would have kicked off. Barring a broken play I don't see either team getting the TD on the first drive.

Bill took the wind and kicked off against Denver and paymetons and won if I recall. Zach’s isn’t a manning. But normally I would want the ball.

in that game last night? kick off and take the wind

I think you get the choice of the ball or not. If we won the toss and chose to kick off I think the Jets get to pick the direction.

Reminder why I asked - 103 total yards for the Jets. I know you always take the ball but ...

I think you get the choice of the ball or not. If we won the toss and chose to kick off I think the Jets get to pick the direction.

Reminder why I asked - 103 total yards for the Jets. I know you always take the ball but ...

yeah, that makes sense, it's not like you are choosing to defer.....but you can: The winner of the toss can choose whether to receive the kick or to kick off, or the team winning the toss can choose which goal to defend.

think in this game, it's almost smarter to take the wind and let the Jets decide what they are going to do (the way their offense was playing, it's almost like their best chance to score would be on defense lol)

100% take the wind and kick it. If you take the ball , youre likely going 3 and out and punting into the wind. Theyd only need a fg to win and have the wind

99% of the time you take the ball first. Just so happens yesterday's game is the 1% where the defense is playing lights out (2 yards in the second half hahahahahaha jete mfers) AND the wind made long FGs more challenging. I'd choose which end zone to defend.

Our defense probably had a better chance to score than our offense. Wilson was overdue for a turnover.

Our defense probably had a better chance to score than our offense. Wilson was overdue for a turnover.
He wasn't just due, he was positively itching to hand out freebie picks. I could see he was visibly frustrated that our D kept dropping the easy picks in their breadbaskets. It was quite rude of our guys to decide not to catch those and force poor Zach to play at least 3 downs every series. Dude just didn't want to be on the field.

Take the ball and watch Marcus run a KR to the house for game.

Yesterday probably would’ve been one of the only times I’d kick off. The Jets were that bad on offense.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back