PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars | Arrington has good visit; Does NOT Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remix 6 said:
im not a skins fan but i watch them because 1 of my favorite players are Portis and sean Taylor. I used to read a lot about situations. He doesnt have offield issues..its on the field. He doesnt get it his way..he either slacks or starts something. Last yr..about playing time he said he would retire early maybe..why? he was a distraction at that point and Gibbs didnt wanna deal with him like that.

plus i believe 1 of the Postons represent him..1 i think is suspended but not sure who it is now but you know Patriots prefer not to deal with Rosenhous or Postons..they are the most aggresive agents and they want a team to overspend on a player

and i asked a guy who knows football well

me: im having a debate with someone..doesnt LaVar Arrington have an attitude and that hes not really coachable?

him: yeah he isn't exactly in our universe, doubt he gets taken because of his attitude

You don't like Arrington and you think he is a trouble maker for something that happened at a party, but one of your favorite players is Sean Taylor, one of the biggest sh!tbags in the NFL, who got out of a DUI charge. But is now facing what would amount to his entire NFL career in Jail, because he discharged a gun in Miami. Is Rae Carruth another one of your favorite players?

i never said i dont like Arrington. learn to read. I said I WOULD LIKE ARRINGTON TO BE A PART OF US but its not happening. i never said if sean taylor was avaible we would take him. im just saying PATRIOTS likely wont..i wont without hesitating

mgcolby said:
You don't like Arrington and you think he is a trouble maker for something that happened at a party, but one of your favorite players is Sean Taylor, one of the biggest sh!tbags in the NFL, who got out of a DUI charge. But is now facing what would amount to his entire NFL career in Jail, because he discharged a gun in Miami. Is Rae Carruth another one of your favorite players?

Oh Snap!!!!

would Patriots sign Sean Taylor? Would Patriots sign Terrell Owens? Would Patriots sign any other bad attitude guy? NO same goes for Arrington.

Remix 6 said:
would Patriots sign Sean Taylor? Would Patriots sign Terrell Owens? Would Patriots sign any other bad attitude guy? NO same goes for Arrington.
i think the point some are trying to make, is that sometimes "bad attitude" is relative. sometimes newspaper articles or reports can brand a guy "attitude prob', but unless you're in the locker room, it's hard to say. Dylan keeps coming up as an example for a reason.He supposedly hat attitude problems in Cinci. Not a problem here. I for one, don't know a lot about Arrington, only what I read. But if I believed everything i read, then i would think the Pats are falling apart.

What did Parcells say "Winning is a great deoderant"?

i talked to 3 different red skin fans and they say this guy wants to be in control and will make fuss over a lot. i think we can do better in the draft and he was looking for 5.5-6 millin per year

Last edited:
I believe Dillon had run ins with the law...a LONG time ago..if I remember correctly. Yes, he was one who had an "attitude problem"...so to speak. He wanted to win..and he DID..and he wants to!! I think Arrington there is a bit more to the attitude,,,that is its on the field effecting things. Not talking Rodney here..which if he was like that..would be great. The knock on arrington is that he free lances..doesn't do what the coaches want..which is NOT what BB?SP will put up with here. Takes a whole lot to get all the defenses and such; look at Chad Brown who had played many many years in the league. He was shifted to a newer position and tried hard..but never truly got it. I would love to think LA could make it here..but I just do not think it a fit. BB/SP know better and whether he would or not. ANd I trust them.

Remix 6 said:
i talked to 3 different red skin fans and they say this guy wants to be in control and will make fuss over a lot. i think we can do better in the draft and he was looking for 5.5-6 millin per year

1--redskins fans? that is your source? :rolleyes:

2--Arrington played for JoePa--if The Coach could control him, I'm thinking Belichick could handle him.

Remix 6 said:
For those who think Patriots would sign him:

LAVAR HAS AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM. HE TRIED BEING A DISTRACTION BY SAYING HE WOULD RETIRE EARLY. GIBBS DIDNT LET HIM PLAY EARLY BECAUSE OF INJURY AND ATTITUDE. LAVAR HAD AN INCIDENT AT A PARTY HE HOSTED WITH FEW PLAYERS AND THAT WAS BROUGHT INTO POLICE INVESTIGATION.

incase you didnt know by now, Patriots dont take attitude guys or stupid players

REMIX, no disrespect intended, but you have it very wrong. Lavar has NO attitude problem at all. His teammates love him! He's great in the community! Very bright. Classy guy! I live here. I know alot about him!

His not playing this year had to do with JackA&& boy wonder owner Dan Snyder. Lavar's big bonus was that if he hit 3 Pro Bowl years, he'd get a huge $5M bonus. Well, he already hit two, and so this year boy wonder had him sitting. It was sick! It was a joke! When he did play, he was a freak! I have a very good source on this, but the bottom line is, he would be a great addition to the Patriots D IMO!

A little of both, Bostonian. I live here too, and the bonus situation was brought up. So was the fact that Arrington was in the Joe Gibbs doghouse for the very reasons cited earlier - freelancing, questioning the team in the press, and as I recall, challenging coaches. By the time he emerged and got playing time again, other 'skins backers had become the stars. He came out all humble for a week or two, saying he just wanted to help the team win, then went into a repeating discussion with the press over how he was not wanted in Washington, and could not imagine playing another season here.

It looked bad to my admittedly not "in the locker room" eye. But one thing I always say - there's a lot more I don't know than I do know.

You can bet BB/Pioli did their due dilligence on Dillon (alliteration of the week,) and would do so again if considering Arrington. But I for one cannot see Arrington's problem being Dillon's, i.e., "just wanting to win." But then again, I was shocked when the Pats picked up Dillon too.

Time will tell... but an Arrington signing would surprise me no end.

PFnV

Isn't one of the main if not the only reason we got rid of McGinest is because of his age? Why are we dscussing bringing in a free agent? It's not going to be for big bucks if we do, but if we need a LB we will draft one, simple as that. Free Agency is going to have 4 years+ players asking for big bucks and obviously we're going a more youthful route for the years ahead.
I want a dynasty some what like the 49ers, and they had to cut the greatest players and take the greatest risks to become the greatest of their era.

Remix 6 said:

LAVAR HAS AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM. HE TRIED BEING A DISTRACTION BY SAYING HE WOULD RETIRE EARLY. GIBBS DIDNT LET HIM PLAY EARLY BECAUSE OF INJURY AND ATTITUDE. LAVAR HAD AN INCIDENT AT A PARTY HE HOSTED WITH FEW PLAYERS AND THAT WAS BROUGHT INTO POLICE INVESTIGATION.

incase you didnt know by now, Patriots dont take attitude guys or stupid players

I agree, they never would have signed Corey Dillon, David Terrell or Rodney Harrison if they didn't have those golden boy attitudes. :rolleyes:

Remix 6 said:

That's not entirely true. We took Dillon on who had both a history of substance abuse (in college) and an attitude problem in Cincy.

http://www.maximonline.com/articles/index.aspx?a_id=4459

That said, I don't think we bring Arrington in but if we did I have no doubts BB could make the guy into a player.

Last edited:
PatsFanInVa said:
A little of both, Bostonian. I live here too, and the bonus situation was brought up. So was the fact that Arrington was in the Joe Gibbs doghouse for the very reasons cited earlier - freelancing, questioning the team in the press, and as I recall, challenging coaches. By the time he emerged and got playing time again, other 'skins backers had become the stars. He came out all humble for a week or two, saying he just wanted to help the team win, then went into a repeating discussion with the press over how he was not wanted in Washington, and could not imagine playing another season here.

It looked bad to my admittedly not "in the locker room" eye. But one thing I always say - there's a lot more I don't know than I do know.

You can bet BB/Pioli did their due dilligence on Dillon (alliteration of the week,) and would do so again if considering Arrington. But I for one cannot see Arrington's problem being Dillon's, i.e., "just wanting to win." But then again, I was shocked when the Pats picked up Dillon too.

Time will tell... but an Arrington signing would surprise me no end.

PFnV

I'll bet a dollar to donuts (not ever sure what that means) that ALOT of this stuff was floated to the press by Danny boys henchmen, and that most of it is garbage. That is what I'm lead to believe by a very close friend in the know. Lavar and his wife do a ton for kids and charities in general. The fans here, as you probably know, love the guy. He's not a T.O. me first guy. He's not a druggie. All I know is that guy is a talent, who I'm saying right now would be a great addition. Now having said all that, I doubt the Pats will lay out huge dollars for him (or anybody else). Appreciate your post.

Well, what can I say? You know the Fed background check routine - talk to his friends, talk to his neighbors, talk to their friends and neighbors... that's probably just the beginning for a pro team checking out a "problem" talent. So, the old due diligence routine comes into play. What bugged me more than anything else was the wealth of excuses he came up with, including the "4 defensive coordinators in 5 years" spiel he put out there. What we can see through the lens of the media could well be something different from the unvarnished truth, but it's all us mortals have to go by. By the way, I'm in Alexandria, by way of Arlington, by way of Herndon, Chantilly, Takoma Park, and long ago Dupont Circle. Even spent one year living in Anacostia. (I think you were the guy swapping DC landmarks - those are mine!)

PFnV

Remix 6 said:
im not a skins fan but i watch them because 1 of my favorite players are Portis and sean Taylor.
You must be using an odd counting system. Or do you count them each as half a player? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick