PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone (national) mentioning the Patriots's defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomBrady'sGoat

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I was listening to Fox Sports Radio this morning and they (thought they) were going pretty in-depth into the AFC championship game. I don't know if they once mentioned the NE defense.

we all know how good it is so there's no need to get into it here.

Is everyone overlooking the NE d? Is it because they gave up 21 to SD (which considering SD was the #1 offense and they got the ball at midfield multiple times was a great performance)? Is it because so few people want the Patriots to win they therefore ignore things which counter their view? Why did SD's defense get so much freaking attention yet NE's so little?

I was listening to Fox Sports Radio this morning and they (thought they) were going pretty in-depth into the AFC championship game. I don't know if they once mentioned the NE defense.

we all know how good it is so there's no need to get into it here.

Is everyone overlooking the NE d? Is it because they gave up 21 to SD (which considering SD was the #1 offense and they got the ball at midfield multiple times was a great performance)? Is it because so few people want the Patriots to win they therefore ignore things which counter their view? Why did SD's defense get so much freaking attention yet NE's so little?
Not that I've heard. Keep hearing about the Dolts (artificially) improved D, though.

Haven't heard anything about the Patriots defense. All I've heard is about this reincarnation of the 85 Bears defense that the colts are running :rolleyes:

It's just not cool to talk about the Patriots. Even though they're better at most positions than the Colts except WR. In fact it's quite reasonable to think we're as good or better at EVERY position (as a unit, LB, DB, DL, TE, etc, together) than the Colts except WR.

Also everything has to be about the Colt defense even though Jamal Lewis averaged 0.5 yards more per carry last week than his season average (4.1 YPC last week, 3.6 YPC for the season).

The Patriots have given up more than 21 points defensively only once all season. Guess who scored them? 27, to be exact. (should have been 33 if a certain kicker hadn't shanked two 35 yarders).

Last edited:
I'm so glad someone brought this up.

Pat's D is really fraekin' good. In fact, the best they've ever had. And In my opinion, that says something fairly amazing.

Indy's D is getting talked up..for a good showing against a 1 dimensional KC Offense and a No-dimensional Ravens O?

Please?!?!?! what the hell is that all about. I suspect the pats will torch them badly, and often. I am not one to make any predictions, so I won't. BUT, that's my expectation.

I have a cautiously optimistic feeling about this game, and most of that feeling is due to Pat's D, and Indy's lack of D.

Why would they talk about us, our Defense is the worst in the playoffs. WE SUCK!! :rolleyes:

I'm so glad someone brought this up.

Pat's D is really fraekin' good. In fact, the best they've ever had. And In my opinion, that says something fairly amazing.

Indy's D is getting talked up..for a good showing against a 1 dimensional KC Offense and a No-dimensional Ravens O?

Please?!?!?! what the hell is that all about. I suspect the pats will torch them badly, and often. I am not one to make any predictions, so I won't. BUT, that's my expectation.

I have a cautiously optimistic feeling about this game, and most of that feeling is due to Pat's D, and Indy's lack of D.

that's why i started this thread, because i am very confident about this game and it's all because of the defenses.

i started questioning myself yesterday because no one non-local (who we like to assume are unbiased) was mentioning what seemed obvious to me, which usually means i'm wrong. then i said screw it, "i'm right and the entire national media is wrong." it was a freeing if not disturbingly narcissistic moment.

*edit* the national media made it much easier to discount them all as idiots yesterday with the "brady is overrated," "belichick is overrated," and "Indy's defense is playing better than NE's" crap. maybe it isn't so far-fetched that i'm smarter than them all.

Last edited:
We don't have a Defense. It's all the system.

We just go down to home Depot before the game and pick from the guys hanging outside.

We don't have a Defense. It's all the system.

We just go down to home Depot before the game and pick from the guys hanging outside.

Hopefully Julio 'crack-showin'-freak-plummah frahm RAH-VEEEAH' Rodriguez, Mike 'The Lard Ass' O'Reilly and Pak 'The Gujarati Giant' Patel will have their good workboots on this weekend when PIoli and Bill show up for parts.

I'd also argue that the Pats' advantage on special teams has been overlooked. People seem to look at Adam on field goals and say "that's that." But the Patriots are distinctly stronger on both returns and coverage for kickoffs and punts, and Sauerbrun seems to be getting into a groove. I'm optimistic about the field position battle.

I am getting sick and tired of, "well, the Colts are the most rounded team left in the playoffs...their defense is just awesome." Please. You do not fix their run defense in two weeks...Sanders or no Sanders. The reason their defense is better is the offensive ineptness and coaching of the teams they have played. All of these ******s, um "experts" were all saying Indy was one and done due to their PATHETIC run defense. Now, they are the greatest defense ever assembled.

I hope WE run it down their throats and expose that "greatest defense ever".

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes