PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm going to Gillette! Where do I stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella*chick

Addicted to the light
Reaction score
Help a gal out here, please!

I'm going to opening day against the Chiefs. We're going to make a trip of it and I'm wondering where to stay? I hoped Patriot Place would be open but that doesn't look like an option. Where's a good place to stay close to the stadium?

Help a gal out here, please!

I'm going to opening day against the Chiefs. We're going to make a trip of it and I'm wondering where to stay? I hoped Patriot Place would be open but that doesn't look like an option. Where's a good place to stay close to the stadium?
there are a tone of hotels on rte one [Gillette is on rte one] there are some hotels in Mansfield/foxboro right off rte 95 .the holiday inn a red roof and a courtyard by marriott and a comfort inn. just Google Mansfield or foxboro ma hotels for details. these hotels are ten minutes from the razor.

Last edited:
there are a tone of hotels on rte one [Gillette is on rte one] there are some hotels in Mansfield/foxboro right off rte 95 .the holiday inn a red roof and a courtyard by marriott and a comfort inn. just Google Mansfield or foxboro ma hotels for details. these hotels are ten minutes from the razor.

Thanks! I was looking at the Patriot Place website and I'm wondering if anything at all will be open in September. Not hotels, but other things. I'd like to go but if it's a bunch of construction, that won't be worth it.

It depends on how much your are looking at spending per night?

Thanks! I was looking at the Patriot Place website and I'm wondering if anything at all will be open in September. Not hotels, but other things. I'd like to go but if it's a bunch of construction, that won't be worth it

Bas Pro Shops is open :D

Thanks! I was looking at the Patriot Place website and I'm wondering if anything at all will be open in September. Not hotels, but other things. I'd like to go but if it's a bunch of construction, that won't be worth it.

I think the hotel will be a close call. My guess is it'll open in October or so.

I'd stay at the Westin or Biltmore in Providence. Much more bang for your buck than comparable hotels in Boston, there's a nice restaurant and pub scene in Providence plus you're closer to the stadium there than Boston (less than 45 minutes).

Of course, I'm extremely biased.

I'd stay at the Westin or Biltmore in Providence. Much more bang for your buck than comparable hotels in Boston, there's a nice restaurant and pub scene in Providence plus you're closer to the stadium there than Boston (less than 45 minutes).

the hotels in mansfield/foxboro are ten minutes from the stadium and they are major chane hotels.

the hotels in mansfield/foxboro are ten minutes from the stadium and they are major chane hotels.

Exactly. Mainstream chain hotels suck. For $200/night she can get something very nice in a good area (outside of Boston).

Last edited:
jeez...for 200 a night she can have my house!...with my wife in it...heh

jeez...for 200 a night she can have my house!...with my wife in it...heh

Can we see pictures of the, uh, "amenities" that come with that offer?

Exactly. Mainstream chain hotels suck. For $200/night she can get something very nice in a good area (outside of Boston).
shes not going on vacation shes going to the pats game. i would rather stay ten minutes away then stay in providence 35 minutes away.

i would make reservations now if you are staying saturday night before the game and staying at one of the places on Mansfield or Foxboro

Last edited:
shes not going on vacation shes going to the pats game. i would rather stay ten minutes away then stay in providence 35 minutes away.

Seems like part-vacation. I'd always prefer to spend a little more time in the car and stay someplace better, but I know some people don't feel the same.

It's funny, I've been in Texas and they consider an hour drive "around the corner". And then in RI many people think of 10 minutes away as across the universe.

I have to agree. If she's making a trip of it, stay in Providence. There's much more to on Saturday night in Providence than Mansfield/Foxboro.

I have to agree. If she's making a trip of it, stay in Providence. There's much more to on Saturday night in Providence than Mansfield/Foxboro.

Exactly. There's the Foxy Lady, Cheaters, Fantasies, the Playhouse, and many other fine venues.

(Sigh... Now I'm getting homesick.)

Thanks for the suggestions. Patjew, yours is an interesting one I hadn't thought of, but I think we'll be flying into Providence so it's worth considering.

Being near the stadium would be great but we also have my parents coming to watch the baby and they will probably want to drive him over to New Bedford to see my grandma. Wouldn't Providence be good for that too or do I need to check a map? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back