PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I hate to admit it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Roberts

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
But Manning was out of his mind today. I'm trying to think of a single better effort by a QB in recent memory. The guy would have lost this game in January, but I've never seen Manning as good as he was today considering the team he was going up against today. Jeesh.

ps- Who was that kicker would finished Denver off today. :(

im very afraid of our secondary in this contest. offensivly i think we can roll over their D all day but defensivly..can we cover Marvin AND Reggie?

I agree but with one caveat - Manning had no (zip, zero, nada) pressure all day. Lots of credit goes to his line.

Remix 6 said:
im very afraid of our secondary in this contest. offensivly i think we can roll over their D all day but defensivly..can we cover Marvin AND Reggie?
Our secondary is as good as it's been in a long time with Scott looking very solid as the #3 guy. We won't be covering man on man a lot, with Samuel, Hobbs, Scott and Wilson at Safety we have lots of cover ability. And Rodney usually ends up in the right place too.

"The team he was going up against today" is a team he has never any problem carving up like a turkey.

BelichickFan said:
Our secondary is as good as it's been in a long time with Scott looking very solid as the #3 guy. We won't be covering man on man a lot, with Samuel, Hobbs, Scott and Wilson at Safety we have lots of cover ability. And Rodney usually ends up in the right place too.

yeah i know but we made Losman look great .. didnt have enough pressure early

if we pressure the living hell out of Peyton i think our secondary is fine..but its got to be crazy pressure..something we havent done so far this year..we apply pressure but its not quick enough to make the QB consistently throw it up

here is another possible display

Wilson at in nickel-dime and Hawkins at FS .. why?

Samuel will likely play 1on1 with 1 of the WRs..have overtop help

Hobbs + Scott or Wilson take the other WR..Scott on Stokley if he plays.

that way we control the WRs better...less threat.

The Colts lose today without their new kicer.

We can thank Kraft for helping them get over the hump and win a SB if they do so this year.

Still happy about those soccer games and concerts? How much are we under the cap?

I am going to throw up now.

Last edited:
This is a big reason why I was hesitant about wanting the Colts to win. I did not want to have to hear this for the entire week.

Have you people not watched the Patriots the last three years?

denverpatsfan said:

We can thank Kraft for helping them get over the hump and win a SB if they do so this year.

Still happy about those soccer games and concerts? How much are we under the cap?

You people are ridicuous.

I hope you're kidding.

denverpatsfan said:

We can thank Kraft???

The Krafts make the soccer games and concerts decisions.

BB and Pioli make the personnel decisions. If they wanted to sign AV, you think Kraft would have told them "no"?

Let's not mix the 2.

Murphys95 said:
I agree but with one caveat - Manning had no (zip, zero, nada) pressure all day. Lots of credit goes to his line.
Great game, but if any team lets Peyton stand back there and fire away like Denver did - fahgetaboutit......

denverpatsfan said:

What does this post even mean, except that you are pathetic? Have fun with that upchuck.

Last edited:
NEM said:
What makes Manning have so much success is that the coaches LET HIM DO IT.

They have the passer, they have the receivers, and they have the running game threat, and they let him air it out as he sees fit.

We could do the same thing with Brady, our reeivers, including Watson, our good offensive line, the running game threat....

All they have to do is get the word "conservative" out of their play book and open it up.... No reason it cant work.

I have always said is what Makes the Colts offense so effective is that they have an Arena Ball attitude... We can dow the same.

This does not mean to forget about our running game, but if we have the attitude of an aerial assault from the get go, we can jump on opponents and then use the runing game later on as a double barrelled threat.

Yeah, I hate our offense that has one three Superbowls. I want to play like the Colts, who put up crazy numbers but have absolutely nothing to show for it.

AV made a 37 yard field goal in zero gravity. What's the big deal?

Normally I can understand people jumping off the bandwagon after a Pats lost... but damn, we didn't even play today and people are jumping off like it's on fire :eek:

I am not saying it's a guaranteed win next week but let's no go overboard with thank you Kraft for letting AV go or Manning is gonna shred us apart-talk. Have some faith in TB and the co.

NEM said:
What makes Manning have so much success is that the coaches LET HIM DO IT.

They have the passer, they have the receivers, and they have the running game threat, and they let him air it out as he sees fit.

We could do the same thing with Brady, our reeivers, including Watson, our good offensive line, the running game threat....

All they have to do is get the word "conservative" out of their play book and open it up.... No reason it cant work.

I have always said is what Makes the Colts offense so effective is that they have an Arena Ball attitude... We can dow the same.

This does not mean to forget about our running game, but if we have the attitude of an aerial assault from the get go, we can jump on opponents and then use the runing game later on as a double barrelled threat.

As we all know, that Colts offense does so well in January as evidenced by all those Super Bowl trophies they have......

Oh wait, WE have those Super Bowl trophies. I say keep doing what we're doing.

NEM just cant stand ANYthing being "conservative"

Some these knee-jerk chicken little reactions are nauseating, other humorous.

What I saw was the same ole, same ole. Manning carves up Denver? Stop the presses.:rolleyes:

And Vanderjerk would have hit that field goal.

Just STOP IT with the ridiculous reactions.

I still have room under the bridge. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents