PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Can't See How This Helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockdown06

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2615506

nick saban is now saying that he doesn't know who will start at qb on sunday for his team. Now, maybe this makes it a LITTLE tougher for the pats to gameplan for miami, cause harrington and culpepper are different qbs, but also, they mostly both suck.

I personally feel that this just hurts miami more - now on top of the struggles of the o-line, and the visible aging of zach thomas in the middle of the defense, this move kills the confidence (if theres any shred of it left) for culpepper and any confidence the team has in its qb.

Lockdown06 said:

nick saban is now saying that he doesn't know who will start at qb on sunday for his team. Now, maybe this makes it a LITTLE tougher for the pats to gameplan for miami, cause harrington and culpepper are different qbs, but also, they mostly both suck.

I personally feel that this just hurts miami more - now on top of the struggles of the o-line, and the visible aging of zach thomas in the middle of the defense, this move kills the confidence (if theres any shred of it left) for culpepper and any confidence the team has in its qb.

Actually, I'd rather think that the Patriots are focusing on how to break down that horrible OL rather than worrying that much about which Qb they're going to hit. With the main battle being the one in the trenches, and Miami's weakness being that one, I'm not sure how much of a difference which QB it is will really make in the gamplan. It's not like we're talking about a mobile QB and a stationary QB, we're talking about pretty much rushing set points regardless of the player, so..

Brownfan80 said:
Actually, I'd rather think that the Patriots are focusing on how to break down that horrible OL rather than worrying that much about which Qb they're going to hit. With the main battle being the one in the trenches, and Miami's weakness being that one, I'm not sure how much of a difference which QB it is will really make in the gamplan. It's not like we're talking about a mobile QB and a stationary QB, we're talking about pretty much rushing set points regardless of the player, so..

i realize that, i meant i can't see how it helps from the phin's perspective - sorry i guess i was vague.

Last edited:
Obviously it doesn't help the Dolphins. It doesn't hurt us either, Belichick has said many times that they have to prepare for two QB anyway becuase the backup QB is one hit from coming into any game.

Plus the gameplan for both QB's will be the same. Pressure, Blitz, Sack!

Lockdown06 said:

Look on the bright side, okay, the fact that it's Joey 'detroit disaster' Harrington is pretty sunny, but imagine if he actually plays well...quarterback controversy fin fun for the whole family! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes