PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greatest Trio of WR's in Team History?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1976pats

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
First off, after just 6 games I hate declaring anybody the greatest (or for that matter, the worst) anything but it really is stating the obvious that Moss-Stallworth-Welker are the greatest trio of receivers I've ever seen in team history. Like many of you I go way back and can think of some tandems that were outstanding (Stingley & Vataha a personal favorite), but 3 of this caliber? Nothing comes close really (Branch-Givens-Brown?). We're witnessing something we have never seen before in Foxboro and may never see again. Who knows, by the end of the year when we add everything up we could be looking at the greatest season ever put in by a trio of WR's on one team. Of course, doesn't hurt when we have #12 as the QB charged with getting the ball to these guys...

Not only in terms of pure talent, but in the complementary skill-sets they each provide. Yes, I agree.

Like Randy said post-game: Manning has always had his, now Brady gets to try it. If he had them all along, the Manning-Brady debate would be much less intense.

It isn't very close. This trio is by far the best set of receivers that have ever played for the patriots.

These are best in the Tom Brady era, and could be better than the

Morgan
Jackson
Francis even though he was a tight end.

By far. It's one of the better trios in league history, although probably not the best (and not even necessarily the best in the league this year). Some teams have had a #1 to rival Moss and a #2 better than Stallworth, but adding Welker makes it special.

Not only in terms of pure talent, but in the complementary skill-sets they each provide. Yes, I agree.

Well put! Watching Moss perform one of his deep sideline pirouettes, Stallworth turn a quick out into a long gain, and Welker claw his way to yet another 1st down...aahhh. As talented as each is, the total is even greater than the sum of its parts. That's a truly outstanding receiving corps.

By far. It's one of the better trios in league history, although probably not the best (and not even necessarily the best in the league this year). Some teams have had a #1 to rival Moss and a #2 better than Stallworth, but adding Welker makes it special.

I have to agree!!! Most teams have #1 and #2 that rival Moss and Stallworth - but none of the teams can say they have a #3 like Welker!!!!

I have to agree!!! Most teams have #1 and #2 that rival Moss and Stallworth - but none of the teams can say they have a #3 like Welker!!!!

BUT NONE OF THOSE TEAMS have Brady throwing to them. You can argue Indy, but they really stop at 2 (Gonzo just ain't there yet). Cinci had CJ and TJ, while Arizona has Fitz and Bolden. Other than them, I don't see any one else close.

Moss is a 1+, Stallworth is a 1 on 90% of the other NFL teams. Welker could be one of the best slot guys playing right now. It's a top tier trio without a doubt. HOWEVER, Brady is the gas that make that engine run.

of course these 3 are the the best in pats history .... its a no brainer

well....I dunno.

Is Tom Brady the best QB we've ever had. Hard to say.

And that John Hannah guy -- best Guard? He was overrated. He couldn't hold Andruzzi's jock. I think that one is between Todd Rucci and Max Lane...

yeah....this one is a toughie....

:D

Last edited:

Like Randy said post-game: Manning has always had his, now Brady gets to try it. If he had them all along, the Manning-Brady debate would be much less intense.

True dat! I'm looking forward to the Dolts fans trying to minimize Brady's success this year. They've probably already started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes