PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agency/Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdubh3

Rookie
Reaction score
Another topic that I would like to bring up is the fact that everyone is up in arms about the way free agency has gone so far this offseason. What do you propose the Patriots do? Is Willie Mac worth the money at his age that he got in Cleveland? No. Is David Givens (a #2 WR) worth keeping around if it means paying him as a #1? No. Is Christian Fauria worth paying for when you have Watson and Graham there? Is Adam V. worth breaking the bank for as a kicker? No.

I don't know why everyone is up in arms about this. The Patriots have made good football decisions this offseason. We have lost some great OLD players and one talented younger player who worked his way up from the bottom. I've been a Pats fine my whole life, and hate to see players like Adam and Willie go. But they are old in football terms. Its time to start infusing some youth into the team. We took a draft off last year because the talent crop was weak. We did get some good lineman, and more picks for this year. Everyone scratched their heads last year when they did it, but look at the talent level this year. Alex Smith probably wouldn't even be a 1st round pick this year. Its very plausable that he would be the 4th QB of the board.

I think it is time to relax about the "Dynasty is over" talk and the "Should we fire BB?" polls. We've come so accustumed to being spoiled over the past couple years. Now that the world isn't quite so perfect, we are all whining like spoiled brats. This is FOOTBALL, not a soap opera. Leave the emotions at the door. The Pats have made good football decisions. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back