PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Favre's going to regret this move"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised how many in the media are actually panning this move. John Clayton and Pete Prisco have written articles saying the Jets made a mistake.

I am surprised how many in the media are actually panning this move. John Clayton and Pete Prisco have written articles saying the Jets made a mistake.

Of course they did. They get better this year, but worse in the long term. Everyone BUT Jets fans think they made a mistake. Look over at TheGangGreen right now. They are all in such denial that it's to the point of hilarity.

Think about it, Favre didn't have to really deal with the media in GB. The people up there treated him like a god. Just wait until he screws up with some dumb play hes known for and loses the game. The NY media will eat him alive. And there are going to be games for sure where he reverts back to the Old Brett Favre and starts throwing the ball all over the place the same style that got him the INT record.

Last edited:
Of course they did. They get better this year, but worse in the long term. Everyone BUT Jets fans think they made a mistake. Look over at TheGangGreen right now. They are all in such denial that it's to the point of hilarity.
Peter King, Mark Schlereth, Marshall Faulk, Adam Schefter? Of course my boy Peter Prisco hates this move as he hates every thing we do.

Is it me or does that guy look like Danny from the Partridge Family??

Peter King, Mark Schlereth, Marshall Faulk, Adam Schefter? Of course my boy Peter Prisco hates this move as he hates every thing we do.

Well Mark Schlereth is a moron. It's been proven time and time again on this forum. Peter King, I think, might have Alzheimers. His writing reflects it at least. Marshall Faulk hates the Pats and loves Favre so put two and two together there. Schefter is only good for trade rumors and things of that sort. His football knowledge is zilch. My 7 year old nephew knows more about football than that Matzah Ball.

Out of that list, King is probably the one with the most credibility. Keep in mind they like that move because the Jets have improved themselves in the short term. Will you guys be playoff contenders this season? Absolutely. But what about the long term?

In my mind, King, Schlereth, and Faulk are jokes when it comes to football analysis anyway. Faulk is just hoping someone will just knock the Pats off and lacks any objectivity when it comes to anything remotely Patriots related. Peter King sucks at analysis anyway, but the guy has had a man-crush on Favre for over a decade. He isn't all that objective.

Some writers/talking heads either like or love the move and some hate it or at least are not sold on it. I thought with the media's love of Favre, it would be an universal vote of endorsement of the move. There are more people panning the move that I ever expected.

I said it before in the other thread, if the Jets were only a QB upgrade away from a SB, then this move makes sense. But they aren't, so why risk your future on a temporary boost like this? This is all about marketing and possibly Woody selling the team after this year or the next IMO.

Last edited:
I started reading the comments and just shook my head at the igmorance, repetition, and flat out incorrect statements. Then I realized that Favre is going to be to 2008 what spygate was to 2007. The trade is not the end of the story, it's just the beginning! Thank you Brett Favre!

Indeed. Thank you Brett....

I said it before in the other thread, if the Jets were only a QB upgrade away from a SB, then this move makes sense. But they aren't, so why risk your future on a temporary boost like this? This is all about marketing and possibly Woody selling the team after this year or the next IMO.

I agree it is more about Johnson making this team more marketable, but I disagree why. I don't think he is going to sell it. He is already investing a lot of money in the new stadium which he may not get back if he sells it before they sell the PSLs. He really cannot afford to sell this team for a long while because of the new stadium and practice facilities they have built.

I think it all about the PSLs and the probable increased ticket prices. Rumors have the Jets charging as high as $125k for PSLs. Johnson wants to have the fans and corporate people thinking Super Bowl when he sends them the bill.

Johnson just bought the team like six years ago. He has Johnson and Johnson money. He has been a lifelong fan of the Jets. I can't see him selling the team this quick.

Last edited:
Yup, its all about the cash, and building the Jets' brand. Of course, they have to win some games to make it worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back