PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN fires HAROLD REYNOLDS

NE_PATS_FAN_54

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
the NY TIMES reports that ESPN has fired HAROLD REYNOLDS, the baseball tonight and little league world series commentator. no reason was given.

Link???? This is the first that I have heard of it!

I was just going to post this firing. Reynolds has always been one of my favorite analysts. I don't get it.

http://www.deadspin.com/

"We can't say for sure why Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN yesterday, because ESPN hasn't put out a statement or anything (and they don't have to), but we can tell you what the chatter in Bristol is: Everyone is hearing sexual harassment. Every single email we've received from the inside about this today has used those very two words."

There's more if you go to the link.

this sux.......Harold Reynolds was fun to listen to and watch. I always figured he'd be fun to have a few beers with and shoot the breeze about the game.

Joe Morgan you just want to shoot so that you are put out of your misery in having to listen to his same old s***

I remember them showing Harold on his day off, he was avg. joe just going to his seat to watch some baseball. That was the thing about him, he wasn't trying to impress you, he just gave you his insight and opinion which almost always seemed right on.

BelichickFan said:
"We can't say for sure why Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN yesterday, because ESPN hasn't put out a statement or anything (and they don't have to), but we can tell you what the chatter in Bristol is: Everyone is hearing sexual harassment. Every single email we've received from the inside about this today has used those very two words."
But everyone really knows that little slut Stuart Scott wanted and even encouraged the attention.

I tell you, you can get away with alot of things in this world, but apparently being politically uncorrect isn't one of them. I don't have any knowledge of who or what, I just think that if he was arrested and charged with dwi, drugs, wife beating, et al, I doubt highly that ESPN would have just fired him right away, but a hint of sexual harrasment, and out the door you go. I liked Harold on Baseball Tonight, and after then years of service, you would think he could have been cut a little slack, maybe a suspension, until all the facts are in. To cut a man off from his living without any due process seems very harsh to me.

If he is running around Bristol wearing shoe mirrors, then he deserves to get fired. But it just seems that he has been canned without any due process. Sexual Harrasment is very tricky, some times it is very clear, but we all know that you can say the same thing to ten different women and get ten completely different reactions from them.

Doloris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
FreeTedWilliams said:
I don't have any knowledge of who or what, I just think that if he was arrested and charged with dwi, drugs, wife beating, et al, I doubt highly that ESPN would have just fired him right away,
None of those things could get ESPN sued. Letting continued sexual harassment complaints slide, on the other hand, can.

FreeTedWilliams said:
we all know that you can say the same thing to ten different women and get ten completely different reactions from them.

....or ten 10 different men or 10 different Pats fans..........

The overnight talk show host on Sporting News Radio last night ---don't know his name --- railed on and on about how Reynolds has a website bragging about how Christian he is, but now he's up for sexual harassment, multiple offenses.

Meanwhile, I don't understand the negative comments here against Joe Morgan. I consider him the best I've ever heard. I learn new things about the game of baseball every time he does a game. As a back-to-back MVP, he's forgotten more baseball than I ever knew. Different tastes, I guess.

shakadave said:
Meanwhile, I don't understand the negative comments here against Joe Morgan. I consider him the best I've ever heard. I learn new things about the game of baseball every time he does a game. As a back-to-back MVP, he's forgotten more baseball than I ever knew. Different tastes, I guess.
I'll tell you my beef with Joe Morgan: as a broadcaster, I think he's lazy. I'll give you a two examples:

1. Last year, Morgan was doing a Sox game on Sunday night. 'tek had just come off the disabled list, but it was a Wakefield start and so Mirabelli was catching. For 6 inning, Joe was going on and on, "Why isn't Varitek out there? If he's still hurt he shouldn't have come off the disabled list... You should have you best players out there... I don't understand this logic..." Meanwhile, Miller is trying to tell him that Mirabelli catches the knuckleball better, but Joe still isn't listening, cause he keeps harping about it. He even went so far as to ask Francona about it during an interview between innings, eliciting an 'are you serious?' look I haven't seen since the day I asked my girlfriend if we really needed more than 6 plates in the house.
Lineups come out HOURS before the game starts. Had he bothered to actually do some pre-game research, he would have seen Mirabelli in the lineup and asked someone about it and found out that Mirabelli is Wake's personal catcher without going on air and embarassing himself to an entire region.
2. He's very proud of himself because he never read the book "Moneyball" and constantly puts down "the author Billy Beane." Congrats Joe, only the book was written by Michael Lewis. And if you've never read it, maybe you shouldn't critizes whats in it, considering you don't really know. It's his job to be knowledgable about all things baseball and just cause he might not agree with the philosophy of the book doesn't mean he still shouldn't have read it. It's called homework, Joe. Nobody likes it, but we all have to do it in our job at one time or another.

If you don't care enough to do the work and be ready to call a game, then retire and let someone else do it.

Last edited:
Justice said:
I'll tell you my beef with Joe Morgan: as a broadcaster, I think he's lazy. I'll give you a two examples:

1. Last year, Morgan was doing a Sox game on Sunday night. 'tek had just come off the disabled list, but it was a Wakefield start and so Mirabelli was catching. For 6 inning, Joe was going on and on, "Why isn't Varitek out there? If he's still hurt he shouldn't have come off the disabled list... You should have you best players out there... I don't understand this logic..." Meanwhile, Miller is trying to tell him that Mirabelli catches the knuckleball better, but Joe still isn't listening, cause he keeps harping about it. He even went so far as to ask Francona about it during an interview between innings, eliciting an 'are you serious?' look I haven't seen since the day I asked my girlfriend if we really needed more than 6 plates in the house.
Lineups come out HOURS before the game starts. Had he bothered to actually do some pre-game research, he would have seen Mirabelli in the lineup and asked someone about it and found out that Mirabelli is Wake's personal catcher without going on air and embarassing himself to an entire region.
2. He's very proud of himself because he never read the book "Moneyball" and constantly puts down "the author Billy Beane." Congrats Joe, only the book was written by Michael Lewis. And if you've never read it, maybe you shouldn't critizes whats in it, considering you don't really know. It's his job to be knowledgable about all things baseball and just cause he might not agree with the philosophy of the book doesn't mean he still shouldn't have read it. It's called homework, Joe. Nobody likes it, but we all have to do it in our job at one time or another.

If you don't care enough to do the work and be ready to call a game, then retire and let someone else do it.

I agree with your criticism of these two events, but, man, Morgan adds SO SO MUCH to every broadcast, I'd even forgive him these two transgressions. Again, just my opinion.

Justice said:
He even went so far as to ask Francona about it during an interview between innings, eliciting an 'are you serious?' look I haven't seen since the day I asked my girlfriend if we really needed more than 6 plates in the house.

Hilarious.

Plus, I agree on Morgan. He was a revelation 10 years ago but now he doesn't put the time in studying the teams he's covering. Sad and unforgivable.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back