PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dunlap cut, OL Stephen Sene signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
From PFW blog

Now we know why Chris Dunlap isn’t at practice today. He’s been released.

The Patriots just announced they cut the young wide receiver and signed rookie offensive lineman Stephen Sene — a guard from Liberty who played in the Hula Bowl.

Sene was with the Rams before the Patriots signed him and was apparently released while on the practice field.

Here’s the story: The Rams had just signed Julius Wilson off waivers from Miami, and needed to release a player, so they dispatched a golf cart to retrieve Sene, who was already on the field getting ready for practice.

As Rick James would say, “Cold-bloodeeeeeeed!”

Last edited:
Re: Dunlap cut, another O-linemen signed

Well, I guess if the Pats and Lynch had agreed to terms, he would've been signed before this practice squad lineman.

Even more surprising is that CJ Jones outlasted Dunlap.

Even more surprising is that CJ Jones outlasted Dunlap.
Not so much.

Pioli found Scar a new pet lamb, I think that's sweet how Scott gets his coaches little gifts to keep them amused. :)

Not surprised about Dunlap...CJ at least CAN return...has speed....
Sene is a large guard...6'5" 310 or so...and played his last year 6th....had a back problem a few years ago...a nice article...Liberty background...so he knows Redd..can't find his age..but I would assume..25..or there abouts...I wish him luck!!! Looks like OL injuries are a bit worse...
http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...sixth_chance_the_story_of_stephen.html?cat=14

A teammate of Vince Redd, who is from Liberty. Maybe they saw him while watching Redd tapes.

But I had the names of 70 offensive linemen in my draft database, and not this guy.

Hopefully we get Neal or Ross back before the season. Otherwise, could be trouble.

Presumably this guy is here so the Pats can field 10 linemen in practices.

For the record, this is the 20th offensive lineman in camp, and the Pats are struggling to field 10 for a practice. Pretty amazing.

For the record, this is the 20th offensive lineman in camp, and the Pats are struggling to field 10 for a practice. Pretty amazing.

Yah, Dante's School for Porkers must be living Hell

I think someone stated that their starting with 15 at the start of camp was the most by any NFL team....yes..20 have been in camp..Clement was IRed..Bauta and McMahon cut and Mruczkowski retired... And yes...NOW they have 10 that is only 2 lines...I am not surprised when Kaczur and Britt did double duty yesterday, trading off playing tackle on the 2nd team...He's a big guy..and also can play tackle..so?? Maybe a DS prospect for his OL school?? He says his game is physical and smart....we shall see. He could be a gem in time. He's come a long way from a back injury that kept him out a year.

Last edited:

Sounds like the DL is wicked pissah this year. :eek:

"Yesterday, the challenge was for the 325-pound nose tackle to catch a punt, while having two footballs already tucked in his arms.

Wilfork, who returned punts in high school, came through, as he managed to coral the ball, and rolled to the ground in delight as his teammates swarmed him. "

My take is he crushed 3 or 4 OLs on the kicking team rolling around.

Belichick should just go to a Red Sox game with Pioli ...

There are lots and lots of fat guys in the stands at Fenway Park.

An interview w/Sene from the TheFootballexpert.com

http://thefootballexpert.com/stephenseneinterview080001.html

He says his 2 best traits are playing smart and physical. He's also with the youth ministry. Favorite team was always the Broncos, and he loves IHOP ;).

Seriously- that's a great interview, thanks for finding it! He sounds very focused on football and being a better player which is good, plus he doesn't pay much attention to what ESPN says-even better :D. Good character type player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes