PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could the Pats grab Walker and Moulds?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is possible. Trade for Walker then grab Moulds after he eventually will be released. Their recievers would be SICK! I look at it this way, no one is the #1 reciever at this point. It's really, which wide open reciever would you like to throw today, keep in mind they also have Branch, freak TE Watson (who still hasn't broke out yet), Graham, Faulk, Pass, Troy Brown and that new guy Caldwell (LOL)...... :rocker:

On the othe hand, back to reality, here's why it might not happen. Since the Pats let Givens walk, what makes you think that they will sign Walker to a long team contract that he has been wanting for 2 years now? Whatever the Pats sign Walker too (if indeed they trade for him), Branch will want similar to that. However, getting Moulds is still a possibility. :confused:

In sum, how do you think Tom Brady would feel taking the field on Sundays, if he had this offense?

WR - Branch
WR- Walker
WR- Moulds
TE- Watson
TE- Graham

:rocker:

It won't happen. Sorry.

Fun to think about though. :D

Dank Franklin said:
Second that.
Thirded.

It's a nice dream, but the reality is that getting either would be a more-than-adequate replacement for Givens' production.

No it won't happen...I think Walker/Branch or Branch/Moulds...and a young wideout will be fine..with both...why??? Unless they will let Branch walk..do they want that??? No...

probably in Madden 2006 , but not in real life...

Unless, This Is The Year!

Yeah- they want you to zig, you zag! The Pats never sign big free agent names! Just like the Pats, to do whatever it is they never do, and sign em!

Uh, no.

Cool concept though. Not exactly a "grind em down, run out the clock" approach, but it would be fun to watch.

You know what would be a cool team? What if you just get a mediocre D, then had a QB that could throw 48 touchdowns, and 4 receivers that could pull in 10 TDs each, and a 1600 yard rusher, all on one team.

Nobody would ever stop 'em.

Oh yeah. Never mind.

PFnV

THEARCHIVES said:
This is possible. Trade for Walker then grab Moulds after he eventually will be released. Their recievers would be SICK! I look at it this way, no one is the #1 reciever at this point. It's really, which wide open reciever would you like to throw today, keep in mind they also have Branch, freak TE Watson (who still hasn't broke out yet), Graham, Faulk, Pass, Troy Brown and that new guy Caldwell (LOL)...... :rocker:

On the othe hand, back to reality, here's why it might not happen. Since the Pats let Givens walk, what makes you think that they will sign Walker to a long team contract that he has been wanting for 2 years now? Whatever the Pats sign Walker too (if indeed they trade for him), Branch will want similar to that. However, getting Moulds is still a possibility. :confused:

In sum, how do you think Tom Brady would feel taking the field on Sundays, if he had this offense?

WR - Branch
WR- Walker
WR- Moulds
TE- Watson
TE- Graham

:rocker:
u can go back to playing madden now...

PatsFanInVa said:
You know what would be a cool team? What if you just get a mediocre D, then had a QB that could throw 48 touchdowns, and 4 receivers that could pull in 10 TDs each, and a 1600 yard rusher, all on one team.

Nobody would ever stop 'em.

Oh yeah. Never mind.

PFnV

I could scarcely keep reading the post ... so much was i itching to type,
"Yeah, like the Colts!"

... but you were there all along.

Don't think they would grab both players even if they could, but it could give them leverage in trade talks to have 2 alternatives.

Thanks Flutie... okay sometimes maybe I wax a tad sarcastic too... it's six more months though, and no new scraps since Friday...

And I disconnected NFL Network.

The Horror. The Horror.

PFnV

I would not be surprised if they pulled off the trade for Walker, not surprised at all. Coming off an ACL injury, his contract demands must have dropped off a bit.

As for Moulds, I don't see it happening.

for some of you guys, it seems you didn't read my second half of my post stating why it won't happen. Come on now....

Walker in a trade, then Moulds as a FA...... Not gonna happen. No way, no how.
One of them and take a WR day 2 in the draft..... done. :rocker:

THEARCHIVES said:
for some of you guys, it seems you didn't read my second half of my post stating why it won't happen. Come on now....

I saw it, and agree that I would love it.

Could we be OK at WR after a trade for Moulds or Walker?

WE HAVE FOUR (OR WILL HAVE) for the receiver positions
Branch,Walker/Moulds/FA,Brown,Caldwell

WE HAVE SIX COMPETING FOR THE RETURNER/RECEIVER POSITIONS
-------------------------------
I don't think a Day Two receiver would make the team (except perhaps the Practice Squad)

We have Bethel Johnson (KR), Bam Bam Childress (PR and DB), John Stone, Zuriel Smith, Michael McGrew and Rich Musinksi competing for the remaining one or two roster spots.

Johnson and Childress have to be the favorites because the #5 and #6 WR positions are primarily for returners. Both are cheap in terms of new money and know the system.

Feep_FLA said:
Walker in a trade, then Moulds as a FA...... Not gonna happen. No way, no how.
One of them and take a WR day 2 in the draft..... done. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back