PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Corey's "negative reaction"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was puzzled too...the only reaction I could think of was the incident where Dillon pulled out his career stats and asked Felger(?) to read them aloud.

That wasn't exactly a negative reaction to Maroney, but more of a negative reaction to the press. Not the first, definately not the last!

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.:bricks:

Typical...BS when there is nothing going on...NOT surprised at all...

I love it when writers invent stories to stir things up!! Wanna guess what the first question media members will ask Dillion at the end of day 1 of camp?

I change my ranking.

I now put Media below used car salesmen.

Last edited by a moderator:
BradyisGod said:
I change my ranking.

I now put Media below used car salesmen.
But still ahead of lawyers, right?

No doubt, SI's source for the story was the one and only Ron Borges.;)

bishbash said:
No doubt, SI's source for the story was the one and only Ron Borges.;)
Please tell me you're kidding.
As for CD, it's no wonder he does'nt like the press.

Attachments

• FBO11011290146.jpg
    FBO11011290146.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 351
PromisedLand said:
That was my exact thought when I read that too: "Where did that come from?"

So many clowns out there that don't know what the %$## they are talking about, or that try to make up the news. Corey was great at mini camp, so this writer is an arse.

pats-blue said:
This from SI.com
OK, maybe I missed something but wasn't Corey's reaction pretty much very positive?
[gallery.afcnew/content.3.html[/url]

To Kool AId, yes his reaction was very positive.

His reaction to the medias reaction was a bit negative.

Umm, are you guys saying that the "read my bio" incident was a positive reaction? And how do you know that this reporter didn't hear Dillon say something "negative" which he couldn't use for his report because it was x-rated or because Dillon refused to clarify his remarks?

GoWhalers said:
I was puzzled too...the only reaction I could think of was the incident where Dillon pulled out his career stats and asked Felger(?) to read them aloud.

In general, I didn't like this too much actually. It shows that CD needs to grow up a bit because he sounded so insecure. He's an excellent RB. He doesn't need to resort to stunts like this to try and get his "respect". It showed a lot of immaturity to me unfortunately.

Hopefully he's just using this as his way of motivating himself. That's really the only thing I can see that could be positive out of this whole situation.

Regarding Maroney, I don't think he said anything negative about him at all. I just thought I'd comment on that whole "read my bio" BS.

I don't see it as immature. CD has to listen to media hacks denigrate and question him time and again. After a while it even gets to the thick skinned. Me, I would not pass up an opportunity to strike back and embarras one of the yahoos. Fun! A far more constructive, creative and mature response than sulking or ranting.

The video of Corey handing the media his bio really came off as light hearted and funny. Most of the press were laughing and Corey seemed to be joking around with them more than anything. I am also pretty sure that on the first day of mini camp the press gets a bio of every player present, so it wasn't like CD brought one just to show the media.

14thDragon said:
To Kool AId, yes his reaction was very positive.

His reaction to the medias reaction was a bit negative.

I hear ya, but honestly while perhaps "a bit negative" was appropriate. He showed more restraint than I would have.:)

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Umm, are you guys saying that the "read my bio" incident was a positive reaction? And how do you know that this reporter didn't hear Dillon say something "negative" which he couldn't use for his report because it was x-rated or because Dillon refused to clarify his remarks?

Because the "qoute" Corey gave during that interview was...

"Why not (help Maroney)?" asked Dillon. "What kind of person would I be. . . . I have all this knowledge and experience in this league. (What kind of person would I be) if I didn't share it? I'd be a (jerk) and I don't want to be a (jerk)."

Yep a real cancer...and there was a bunch of reporters not just one who wrote the snippets on the SI photos.

pats-blue said:
Because the "qoute" Corey gave during that interview was...

"Why not (help Maroney)?" asked Dillon. "What kind of person would I be. . . . I have all this knowledge and experience in this league. (What kind of person would I be) if I didn't share it? I'd be a (jerk) and I don't want to be a (jerk)."

Yep a real cancer...and there was a bunch of reporters not just one who wrote the snippets on the SI photos.

Actually, he said shmuck which was a lot funnier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back