Clayton: Miami will have Brees or Culpepper within 24 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Dolphins | Team still pondering Culpepper trade
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:28:07 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban is still contemplating a trade with the Minnesota Vikings for QB Daunte Culpepper. The Vikings aren't as adamant about asking for a second-round draft choice that could upgrade to a No. 1, but they want a second-round draft pick. One problem is the Vikings won't let Culpepper have a doctor's visit with the Dolphins, only allowing him to talk on the phone with Miami. In the next 24 hours, the Dolphins quarterback will be either Culpepper or free agent QB Drew Brees (Chargers).

Looks like the Dolphins are the team to beat in our division for a while. Saban has done a nice job so far. The next few seasons should be interesting. What's deal with Rickie Ganja? Is he gonna be able to play? :rocker:

Feep_FLA said:
Looks like the Dolphins are the team to beat in our division for a while. Saban has done a nice job so far. The next few seasons should be interesting. What's deal with Rickie Ganja? Is he gonna be able to play? :rocker:

Why are THEY the team to beat. they are old as sin.

Please let them take Culpepper!

Just to continue their ineptitude at the position.

flutie2phelan said:
Please let them take Culpepper!

Just to continue their ineptitude at the position.

Those are my thoughts too. But if the Vikes don't let Culpepper take a medical exam with the Dolphins first, it would be a shock for me if Saban doesn't go after Brees instead.

If Saban is seriously looking at Culpepper, then I have to think his NFL player evaluation capability is suspect enough that we don't need to worry about Miami.

Feep_FLA said:
Yeah, cuz Culpepper or Brees are both so much better than Brady. :rolleyes:

people are trying to build Saban into a genius before he has proven it. Mora Jr. went to the NFCCG his first year and missed the playoffs his second year.Plus that miami run was against pretty bad teams and were all pretty much close games. tougher schedule this year as well. instead of the browns and titans they get the chiefs and steelers.

I guess I would have to be in that group. I think Saban is a damn good coach already...even if he coaches a team that I dislike.

Culpepper isn't as good as he was hyped up to be a couple years back, but he is still a good QB who is definitely an upgrade over Frerotte/Rosenfels/Lemon. I don't think adding him would hurt them one bit.

as bad as culpepper looks sometimes
it would still be an enormous upgrade at the position for them
although i would kill for brees if i were them and i really hope he goes to the nfc, where he would instantly become the conferences best qb

Minnesota's GM has over-played his hand on Culpepper and he's being foolish in not letting other teams give Culpepper a physical. I am pretty sure that the league can void any deal in which an injury is not disclosed properly.

Both Culpepper and Brees are injury concerns and it would be absolutely foolish for Miami to bring one in as their #1 QB without checking them out physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes