PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Celebrations mimicking other sports...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alk

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What in the hell is up with these celebrations? Don't get me wrong, I am fine with players celebrating on a big play but I was watching the game tonight and it was just stupid. Every time a Giants player would get a sack, he would stand up and act like he was taking a jumpshot. Then you have Owens who looked like he was doing an Andre Aggasi impression after he scored his touchdown. Then back in the day, Neil Smith always did his little homerun swing. What next? After scoring a touchdown are they going to tee up an imaginary golf ball and tee off on it like Tiger? Maybe a nice impersonation of a slapshot. Who knows, I await with baited breath. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Alk said:
What in the hell is up with these celebrations? Don't get me wrong, I am fine with players celebrating on a big play but I was watching the game tonight and it was just stupid. Every time a Giants player would get a sack, he would stand up and act like he was taking a jumpshot. Then you have Owens who looked like he was doing an Andre Aggasi impression after he scored his touchdown. Then back in the day, Neil Smith always did his little homerun swing. What next? After scoring a touchdown are they going to tee up an imaginary golf ball and tee off on it like Tiger? Maybe a nice impersonation of a slapshot. Who knows, I await with baited breath. :rolleyes:

Somebody already did that last year using the pylon.

putting.jpg

Still waiting for a squash move, or maybe that competitive cup stacking thing.

All of these celebrations are stupid.

Our own Chad Jackson was a viable candidate for stupid celebration of the week, Corey Dillon was a weak finisher but still stupid. When teammates have to wait for you to finish your dance (ala Brady/Dillon and Watson/Jackson) to congratulate you, that qualifies as Stupid.

Those of you that think that is entertaining live a sheltered life.

Like it or not sports is an entertainment industry. And I thought CJ's dance was funny as hell. Lighten up dude.

p8ryts said:
All of these celebrations are stupid.

Our own Chad Jackson was a viable candidate for stupid celebration of the week, Corey Dillon was a weak finisher but still stupid. When teammates have to wait for you to finish your dance (ala Brady/Dillon and Watson/Jackson) to congratulate you, that qualifies as Stupid.

Those of you that think that is entertaining live a sheltered life.
Wow, I guess I live a sheltered life and just didn't know it. And what if I said anyone who thinks the celebration is stupid is a stick in the mud? Then what?

In your world I would be a stick in the mud. I live a sheltered life, I can't stand unreal reality shows, hip hop, violent video games and myriad other things that are considered favorably today.

I like all celebrations. They make the game fun. I hated it when they limited the end zone celebration. Players like Chad Johnson make the game fun.

My favorite football celebration that mimicked another "sport" (using that word loosely here) was Steve Smith pretending to paddle a boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe