PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos lose backup LT Ty Sambrailo to IR; down to third-string

Status
Not open for further replies.
To what do you attribute the Broncos' W-L record?

Good players.

I didn't say the players weren't good. I said they were overpaid household names. Who would you rather have DeMarcus Ware, or Jabal Sheard for 20% of the money?

That's my point, and that's all I'm saying. It's amusing to me. He just did it again by trading for Vernon Davis, who hasn't had a good year since Alex Smith left. But he's been on ESPN plenty. And he is overpaid as well. Again, Davis doesn't suck (probably), but who would you rather have? Vernon Davis, or Scott Chandler for 1/3 the money?

Good players.

I didn't say the players weren't good. I said they were overpaid household names. Who would you rather have DeMarcus Ware, or Jabal Sheard for 20% of the money?

That's my point, and that's all I'm saying. It's amusing to me. He just did it again by trading for Vernon Davis, who hasn't had a good year since Alex Smith left. But he's been on ESPN plenty. And he is overpaid as well. Again, Davis doesn't suck (probably), but who would you rather have? Vernon Davis, or Scott Chandler for 1/3 the money?

Either somebody there isn't overpaid, or they're brilliantly coached, or they're very lucky.

Either somebody there isn't overpaid, or they're brilliantly coached, or they're very lucky.

Much of that team was there when Elway got there, too. They aren't his players.

This isn't "Denver Sucks". This is just a hilarious thing that every player the Broncos sign in FA or trades for under Elway has been a "name" who is being overpaid, which leads me to believe he gets his scouting from Fantasy Football rankings or something.

I didn't know that. He's in his fifth season. Doesn't he have any roster turnover?

He's in his 5th season, but in his 4th season in charge of football ops.

He inherited:

Demaryius Thomas
Von Miller
Ryan Clady
Danny Trevathan
Brandon Marshall
Chris Harris Jr.
Omar Bolden
Virgil Green
Ronnie Hillman

Among others. Those are just players who get significant play time. He also inherited Elvis Dumervil (we know what happened there) and Knowshon Moreno who people think is good for some reason, and Eric Decker.

That's your best WR, your best OL, half your secondary, your entire linebacking corps, all there when he got there.

No one's saying Elway sucks, or the Broncos suck, and I'm not sure why you're taking it that way. I'm just saying Elway has gone out and brought in ESPN-name guys, every time they sign someone, and they're usually older and overpaid when he does so. And it's funny.

I definitely wouldn't put it past the Broncos*.

This whole * thing is a little childish, don't you think? Every team does it to their rivals at this point. Out of every fan base, you'd think Patriot fans would know how annoying it is and not do it. Every time pushes the rules and tries to gain an advantage. You think there's any team in the NFL that doesn't bend the rules? Go ahead and put a * next to every team name.

Could the Broncos finagle the cap room for Joe Thomas?
What's the cap mean to the Bronco's anyhow.

not like the league will intervene because they want a backup plan (to the Bengals) to dethrone the Pats.

This whole * thing is a little childish, don't you think? Every team does it to their rivals at this point. Out of every fan base, you'd think Patriot fans would know how annoying it is and not do it. Every time pushes the rules and tries to gain an advantage. You think there's any team in the NFL that doesn't bend the rules? Go ahead and put a * next to every team name.

I don't see what the big deal is, Interception*.

They've been playing without him for the past month or so, so this would be roughly analogous to the Pats losing Cannon to the IR. Sucks for them, eliminates their hopes that they might upgrade talent there, and leaves them with scarily little depth, but doesn't represent an on-field change from the lineup they've had for the past few weeks.

Are you going to admit the Pats have a top 10 D?

Hampered by an injury. They've even taken to subbing him in order to avoid making the injury worse.

Pretty likely outcome when you sign a guy in his mid 30s who didn't participate in TC.

IIRC, didn't the article state that he's been out for several games already. So it isn't like this is something new for Denver. They've been playing for 3 or 4 games with their current OL, right? It was certainly good enough last night.

News travels slowly around these parts, so we should all be hearing about Le'Veon Bell's MCL injury right around Christmas time, probably after they win a big game in prime time.

As you said, the Broncos lost their LT in week #3, or approximately 6 weeks ago. I guess they waited to see how he responded first before making the decision to put him on IR, so that's what got people's attention yesterday.

So long as you can tell me the free agent he's brought in, and didn't overpay, that wasn't a household name.

Also, he fired a coach that had gone to 2 Super Bowls, in favor of one that had won 1 division in 10 years - because he used to be his backup QB.

Gary Kubiak - Letterman Jackets.

Emmanuel Sanders?

I agree on Elway. He does goes for the big names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore