Patriots Local Newsfeed:
Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Key Match-Ups
Steve Balestrieri takes a look at this weekend's match-ups and believes the Patriots receivers should have their way against Pittsburgh's secondary.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Hogan has his thigh wrapped on the sidelines

Could've sworn Jesse James was blocking his guy up the field before the pass to Rogers. But perhaps my eyes deceived me.

Kind of weird Pats didn't appear to have a Mike on that 3rd down. Open space exploited

Next time BB the GM is criticized point to Chris Hogan. @CSNNE

Impressive job by Branch to hold the point of attack and stuff Bell for no gain

RT @PFF_NateJahnke: Including the playoffs, Sammie Coates has dropped 8 of 29 catchable passes. His 27.59 drop rate is the worst in the lea…

Jones hit him on Sunday, kick returner fell back to Wednesday.

RT @RyanHannable: With 47 yards receiving, Julian Edelman has passed Deion Branch for the most postseason receiving yards in Patriots franc…

Hightower back on the field.

Hightower is on the field. Guessing it was a planned rotation. Pats using a lot of defensive personnel.

Dont'a Hightower is back after missing the last series.

With LB Dont'a Hightower back on the field, a reflection that Patriots are adopting early-game rotation with his health in mind.

Hightower on field to start series

Jonathan Jones just lit up Sammie Coates.

With 47 yards receiving, Julian Edelman has passed Deion Branch for the most postseason receiving yards in Patriots franchise history.

On the Apollo 11 mission, Michael Collins was closer to Steelers defenders than Chris Hogan was just now

Tom Brady is 10-for-12 for 128 yards and a touchdown in the opening 12+ minutes of the game.

Tom Brady: 10-for-12 for 128 yards, 1 TD Chris Hogan: 4 catches, 57 yards, 1 TD Dion Lewis: 3 carries, 10 yards

If Mitchell could catch, this game would be over right now. Either way, it's close.

@drum146232 had to be aware of up the gut pressure. James White picked it up. Gave him time to survey

Chris Hogan looked pretty beat-up mid-drive. Stayed on the field. Caught all four passes sent his way for 58 yards and a score.

@In_The_Slot Bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see how it plays out.

RT @cgasper: Steelers brought inside linebackers and dropped their best pass rusher, Bud Dupree, into coverage on zone blitz. It didn't wor…

Blueprint to Beat the Pats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JR4, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +177
    ... it seems there is way to slow down the PATs Offense after all.

Hold their receivers all game long to disrupt them and allow the rushers to
    get to Brady. You may get called for some penalties but it's better than
    letting PATs pass down the field for TDs in just 7 plays or so.
    Ravens should have had 200yds of penalties. So much holding in that game.

2. Kato

Kato On the Roster

Ratings:
    +27
    Please don't...

Almost starting to sound like the 2003 Colts.

Take what you're given and win, don't complain about things out of your control.

3. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +177
    The PATs may not ... but as a FAN I sure can. :mad:
    I suppose you just sit there
    ' ....well it is what it is ... they're holding
    but ...hey that's the game ... I can't control it .. so just let it be.'

.... give me a break.

4. Peachhead

Peachhead PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +600
    Blueprint:

1) Constantly mug Welker at the line. For some reason it throws off the whole passing game.

2) A disrupted passing game means more runs and less scoring. Opponents don't have to go almost exclusively to the pass after only a half.

3) Our D is not as accustomed as in past years to playing a close, smashmouth game. They CAN do it. As evidenced by the 3 and outs vs the Ravens in the 4th qtr and the 4th qtr of the Eagles game. But they can't just switch in on like a lightbulb. It's a mindset as much as anything.

So it's like dominoes. That being said, I don't know how to fix it.

-Maybe put Welker in motion more or put him in formations where another receiver chucks Welker's guy to allow him to get into his route better.

-BB and McDaneils, pleeeze stop calling the delayed handoff out of the shotgun. It looks like a broken play, and never works. Opponents figured that one out months ago. If you want to go shotgun and get it to Maroney try a shovel pass or pass to the flat.

5. SVN

SVN PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +12,551
    i thought the more effective runs we had were out of the shotgun and frankly i would like to see more of it with some playaction because it really bothers and slows the pass rushing DE who also starts thinking draw.

6. MrTibbs

MrTibbs 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +50
    I don't know what that guy is watching but thats where the HB's are getting most of their yards IS out of the shotgun.

Teams are leaving 3 defensive lineman in to rush and dropping 8 into coverage. Faulk and Maroney took advantage of it on a few occasions especially late in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.