PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blasphemy this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
We as patriot fans should be doing the most un heard of thing tonight.

Root for the jets. If they win then the division is done. In fact before our game our bye might be clinched

The question is how many can do it?

Root for the jets. If they win the division is done. In fact before our game our bye might be clinched

The question is how many can do it
I'm really conflicted with this game. On one hand, we get the division with the Miami loss. On the other, if the Dolphins keep in the hunt, they might bump the Broncos out of the playoffs.

Screw it though, go Jets.

Ugh.

Pats can get division and bye on their own. Would love to leave Broncos watching Pats in AFCCG from their couches.

Remember that a Jets "win" hurts their draft position. Still, I can't get myself worked up for the game, especially since I've come to appreciate that all the Patriots teams that were good enough to win the Super Bowl didn't need help.

I'm not too worried about Denver as the 6th seed, I'm more worried with keeping Baltimore out of the playoffs. I still want no rematch with them.

Rooting for Miami. Are we really worried about losing 3 straight to lose the division? Miami in means Denver and Baltimore out. THAT gives me a slight tingle.

I'm not too worried about Denver as the 6th seed, I'm more worried with keeping Baltimore out of the playoffs. I still want no rematch with them.
Are you kidding? If I could play play those scumbuckets every game game for the rest of the season, I'd sign up for that in a minute. I would see BOTH Pittsburgh and Miami (with Tannyhill) as bigger threats than those frauds. Pittsburgh is the only team I have even a marginal fear of, because they are so streaky, and in any game they can put up huge offensive numbers....or not.

On first thought, having the Jets win would lower their draft pick, but knocking out Denver AND the Ravens in the same week would be pretty cool too. Seems like one of those no lose situations.;)

Why? We dominated them.

Root for the jets. If they win the division is done. In fact before our game our bye might be clinched

The question is how many can do it

You make it sound like rooting for the Rats tonight will be difficult.

Au contraire!

I am down with pyhrric victories.

Rooting FOR the Jets?!?! Don't you understand...

costanza.png

:D

Also, my wife's family is all Jets fans. I've seen up close and personally the emotional toll that rooting for that team has taken on them. ;)

Last edited:
Why? We dominated them.
We dominated the Jets too back in 2010.

Ravens are a playoff rival. I just don't want it. I'd much rather have Denver or Miami in that situation. They're like the Giants: they suck half of the time, then out of random perform in a way that's unexplainable. You can't name one playoff game we've had against them that wasn't fought tooth and nail.

For all I know, we might dominate them again in a rematch. But I feel 100% confident right now against Miami or Denver at home. I don't quite feel that way about Baltimore. Still confident, but I know how unpredictable they are.

So in that case why would I want them in the playoffs?

I also think there would be a certian karma of last week hte games before us made the game mean nothing to us in a negative way and this week the game can mean nothing (directly) in a positive way

If Oakland or KC is one of the WC's then Miami could conceivably keep Denver out of the playoffs and the loser of the AFC North either Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes