PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As a football fan,Where does draft day rank to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If you had to make a list of most exciting days as an NFL football fan in a top 7 ranking,Where does Draft Day stand with you?

Here is my preference in order...

1) Super Bowl day (only if the Patriots are involved - otherwise this rank moves down to about #6 as exciting to me and others ranks move up instead)

2) Beginning of the Playoffs (only if Patriots are in,otherwise drops to #5 rank and others move up)

3) Beginning of the Regular Season

4) Beginning of the Preseason Games

5) Beginning of DRAFT DAY (heres where I think this day lies)

6) Beginning of the Free Agency Period

7) NFL Combine Competition

Next to the playoffs, and opening day.. This a a great weekend for being a huge football fan.. Its been kind of slow for the last month.. b

I think draft day is only behind the start of the playoffs as far as I am concerned. Draft weekend might be my favorite weekend of the year.

For me its #1 obviously the Superbowl if the Patriots are in it.

#2 The start of Playoffs
#3 Start of The Regular Season
#4 Draft Weekend
#5 Start of Preseason

I love it. I'm so geeked for tomorrow and Sunday. It rates high for me both as a fan of the Pats, and a huge Michigan/cfb fan. Seeing my friends get drafted was sweet (even if some didn't go until 199 :rolleyes: ) and kids that come through the program now is cool as well. I'd say:

1. Playoffs
2. Late season games (I love the cold, dark games with playoff implication.)
3. Regular season
4. Draft (football in April!)
5. Training Camp (NFLN makes this extra great)
6. Minicamp (ditto)
7. FA period begins

I'll take any game day over the draft. The draft may have more importance to the Pats long term than any individual regular season game, but I guess since the Pats usually don't draft until late in the day I find the draft coverage a little monotomous.

The only draft I really enjoyed was the 2003 draft with Minnesotta not putting their pick in in time. Last year's draft was brutally long.

I watch the draft every year, but a lot of it is just in the background for me.

WAY down the list. Every game day, regular season and playoffs, is WAY more exciting than draft day. Preseason games are above it too, if only because we finally get to see what those draft picks and free agent pickups look like in a Patriots uniform.

The draft is cool, the free agent signing period is cool, but NO offseason event is anywhere near as interesting as watching an actual game - its all just enough to keep me from going insane during the offseason.

WAY down the list. Every game day, regular season and playoffs, is WAY more exciting than draft day. Preseason games are above it too, if only because we finally get to see what those draft picks and free agent pickups look like in a Patriots uniform.

The draft is cool, the free agent signing period is cool, but NO offseason event is anywhere near as interesting as watching an actual game - its all just enough to keep me from going insane during the offseason.

I disagree with you about preseason except for the second and third game. The first game has a lot of players playing who will never make the team and the starters only play a series. The second game, the starters play a half and most of the guys who have a shot play most of the rest of the game. The third game is closest to the regular season. The fourth game is all about not getting hurt. I do watch all the games (but I won't give up Saturday night plans to see them), but I actually find the draft more interesting than the first and last preseason games.

It is such a crap shoot that it doesn't really interest me except when the Pats are picking. What really drives me away is the supposed draft experts who try to analyze the draft but never get anything right.

I like to go back and look at a draft three years later to see how teams and players have done.

my top 5 ranking:

1 - first week play-offs (wild cards)
2 - week.1 regular season
3 - AFC Championship
4 - AFC Divisional Play-Offs
5 - starting of the pre-season

but i do not dislike the draft of course

Last edited:
I love the draft, but my day will be seriously hampered by the fact that I have a saturday morning detention.:mad:

Re: my top 5 ranking:

1 - first week play-offs (wild cards)
2 - week.1 regular season
3 - AFC Championship
4 - AFC Divisional Play-Offs
5 - starting of the pre-season

but i do not dislike the draft of course

Pat - you dont like the Super Bowl?!

Last edited:
not so much, Willie 55, because the Super Bowl is simply the '' starting of the end...''

after it no NFL, no football for many months...i dislike the Pro Bowl

of course i love when the Pats were playing the Super Bowl but, again, after that game...the end...

and a long off season...

It is by far the biggest sports day of the year for me.

When I used to play NFL 2K I would play in franchise mode, simulating all the games, entirely, and only really paying attention to the draft.

I am not sure how it ranks but I love draft day. I find it exciting and surprising. However, today I have to work...with kids...middleschoolers actually...I will be putting a small radio in my pocket and ear phones in one ear.

Draft day ranks behind the start of free agency and even the release of the regular season schedule. I'll only check in when the Pats are about to draft.

I love the draft, but my day will be seriously hampered by the fact that I have a saturday morning detention.:mad:

count me as never having expected to see that in any thread here

remember the breakfast club

I agree totally good post.

Draft day is the best day of my football year. As soon as the Pats'

undrafted rookies are announced on Tuesday or Wednesday, I begin my

countdown to the 2008 draft.

1) Super Bowl day

2) Beginning of the Playoffs

3) Beginning of the Regular Season

4) Beginning of the Free Agency Period

5) Beginning of DRAFT DAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes