PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Pats going to play 2 win tommorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinb

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
If they are up by 10 ...are they going to keep the pressure on..

or down by 7 ...try to comeback with all the starters?

If they are up by 10 ...are they going to keep the pressure on..

or down by 7 ...try to comeback with all the starters?

I think whoever plays will play to win (whatever that means).

Just a dumb guess on my part, but Brady missed practice time this week. My thoughts are he plays the first quarter. I do think that many recently injured starters on their way back will see some action, such as big Vince, just to get their legs under them. That said, BB always wants to win, whoever he has playing in the game. It is also a hallmark of this team to be able to plug others into the line up when starters go down, and still win games. The depth of this roster is unlike most in the league. Hence the very few big name free agent signings.
Expect many players in the game tomorrow. Expect them to come out and try to win. BB does.

Just a dumb guess on my part, but Brady missed practice time this week. My thoughts are he plays the first quarter. I do think that many recently injured starters on their way back will see some action, such as big Vince, just to get their legs under them. That said, BB always wants to win, whoever he has playing in the game. It is also a hallmark of this team to be able to plug others into the line up when starters go down, and still win games. The depth of this roster is unlike most in the league. Hence the very few big name free agent signings.
Expect many players in the game tomorrow. Expect them to come out and try to win. BB does.

I was hoping they would kinda treat it like a playoff game.... because if they get the 3rd seed and Indy gets the 4th...

they could host the AFC champ game..if Indy beats Bal/SD and NE beats Bal/SD

I was hoping they would kinda treat it like a playoff game.... because if they get the 3rd seed and Indy gets the 4th...

they could host the AFC champ game..if Indy beats Bal/SD and NE beats Bal/SD

As much as I still say they always want to win, with the late scratches tonight, Wilfork, Watson, Falk, I dont think they are looking at tomorrow's game like a playoff game. Those guys would probably be a go if it were the playoffs.

No. There is nothing in it for them.

TBP

I say yes,but not going to be upset at a loss, would like to see them finish 12-4

No. There is nothing in it for them.

TBP

Wrong.

1 - 3rd or 4th seed is still not decided. Away game success notwithstanding I'd rather see the Patriots have a shot of having Indy come to Gillette.

2 - Momentum. Players talk about wanting to win preseason games, how much more does a regular season game matter? Look at Indy last year, they certainly felt the impact of going into the postseason on a losing skid because their final regular season games didn't matter.

I don't care necessarily if they sit their starters at some point but get the game in hand. The chances of a critical injury are lower than the chances that a loss leading into the playoffs could stop any possible momentum.

All of the panel on All Access tonight (which didn't run until after the late local news because of the Ford ceremony) picked the Pats to lose and rest a lot of players liberally. Reiss and Perillo were two of the panelists, and said that's just the sense they get.

Of course if Cassel and the backups have other plans outcome wise, I don't think BB will be audibling for the 2 point conversion out of the EZ this time. And I still think if he can manage it BB would like to put the pressure on Indy to win at all cost in the late game.

i do not think they will play to win, they will play to get threw it. if you remember back to last year they could have moved up to the 3rd spot with a win and if cincy lost, but they still played backups most of the game. prob be the same thing today. anyone else think its cool that the patriots played on the 1st day and last day of the year??

On one side I think the Pats understand that getting a starter hurt in a game just before the playoffs start could be the undoing of them this year.

On the other side, I think they know that champions NEVER give up.

But losing a starter to injury in a game that will probably not have any benefit to winning could be a season killer.

But my feeling is that none of the teams seeded ahead of them are guarenteed to be the AFC championship game.

So not playing the starters means your not giving your best effort to win. But if Indy loses and we miss an opportunity to move to #3 seed, that could be a huge mistake. I think Indy will play thier starters because there is too much at stake for them.

My gut says that they will try to win the game in the 1st half with the starters and play reserves the rest of the game rotating the starters in and out of the game for leadership in the 2nd half.

But if we rest starters today in preperation for Denver....welll that would be smart.

Okay......I'm officially split completely down the middle on this one.

I think they win 24-23.
Vinny with a drop kick, 3 second on the clock.

I'd like to see them win this one and I think they will go for it,however from the looks of who's out,they obviously aren't going to try it at the expense of aggravating injuries, thank goodness.
If Brady starts (I assume he will) I hope we get a good early lead going so he can rest asap-we need a healthy team led by a healthy Brady in January.
I'm also looking forward to seeing the second stringers and the rookies show some of what they've got,too. Depth is so important and we've got some. If those guys can get out there and make things happen,we should all be very happy campers as we head into the playoffs. :rocker: Go Pats!

I for one am looking forward to a tense duel between Vince Young and Matt Cassel.

I think the Pats should play to win. I can certainly understand them resting injured people though. It's not a win at all costs game but it could certainly turn out to be an important game in the overall seeding picture. Indy's win is by no means a gimme the way they have been playing lately. The Colts look like they are on the verge of a collapse.

Why do we care who we play in the playoffs? We will need to play SD and Baltimore in any case. Whether we start with jets or denver matter little. It is much, much more important to be rested.

I think the Pats should play to win. I can certainly understand them resting injured people though. It's not a win at all costs game but it could certainly turn out to be an important game in the overall seeding picture. Indy's win is by no means a gimme the way they have been playing lately. The Colts look like they are on the verge of a collapse.

I for one am looking forward to a tense duel between Vince Young and Matt Cassel.

Good stuff-we should see that,too. Ten is fighting for a playoff spot so Vince should be up for 60 min.

The Pats that play will play to win.

My preference: Starters for a quarter, throw in a bunch of new offensive and defensive looks that make playoff teams scheme for, then substitute liberally, and tell the subs to prove that they deserve playing time in the playoffs.

Why do we care who we play in the playoffs? We will need to play SD and Baltimore in any case. Whether we start with jets or denver matter little. It is much, much more important to be rested.

It's always better to be higher seeded. Upsets happen and #3 seed would give the Pats the possibility of hosting the AFCC championship game.

Notice I didn't advocate starting injured or dinged up players. A healthy player needs much less rest than a hurt one to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes