AFC East: Jets Coach Shifts Focus From Age to the Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/29/sports/football/29nfl.html

When the Jets interviewed Mangini, the team president Jay Cross said the front office was impressed with his intellect and lack of clichéd answers. Mangini leaned heavily on what he learned from Belichick, a coach lauded for his intellectual approach to building a team.

Mangini wants the same type of players that helped him and the Patriots win: smart, selfless, versatile and tough. Mangini told Jets scouts that if they brought him players who did not fit that description, there would be a problem. And he is committed to sticking with his program, just as Belichick did in New England even though he started with a 5-11 record.

"It was consistent," Mangini said. "People were trying to get us to move off the program. If we had ever swayed, who knows what would have happened? That's the program we're going to stick with. I've seen it work. I've experienced it. That's what I believe in."

Hope he forgets a few things...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back