PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to EEI...

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Braves offered Andrew Jones for Lester, Hansen, and Coco.

I Wouldn't trade BOTH Lester and Hansen for anyone (Except Pujols), but I think that Hansen, Coco, and minor leaguer fro Jones would be a good trade for both teams. Andrew is still pretty yound and is signed through next year. I don't know if he could take the glare of playing in Boston, but as long as Manny and Papi are here, he won't have to face the full frontal media.

Plus there is still a slight cahnce that Clemens could come home.

Coco is making my long for Johnny Damon's arm! How can these guys make it to the big leagues and throw so badly? Did you see him make that great catch last night and then not be able to beat the runner (who was on second base) back to first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the Braves F-ing insane?? They don't have a snowball's chance at the NL east, so I don't know why they're trading for it (they keep going for more pitching).

And yes, if the Sox made that trade, it would be ridiculous on their part. Andruw is overrated. And it's not fielding/offense they need. It's Pitching, Period. They'd be ******ed to let Lester go.

The problem is, everyone needs pitching. So there's very little out there.

And with Nixon hurt, who knows if they'll be willing to part with Wily Mo right now. . .

Less than 4 hours.

milwaukeebeers44 said:
Are the Braves F-ing insane?? They don't have a snowball's chance at the NL east, so I don't know why they're trading for it (they keep going for more pitching).

Well, I think (youth) is the whole point rather than just a pitching issue....I think they are giving up if the offer is true.

I like WIly MO, but apparently Francona doesn't I don't know why he doesn't at least get a pinch hit AB during the games. If can ever learn how to lay off that slider off the outside of the plate he caould be a great hitter. Did you see him last night, he broke his bat and still put the ball off the top of the wall! Broke his bat! He can't be any worse than Nixon has been hitting. I thought that he was more than servicable in Centerfield, I imageine he can handle right field. I would trade Coco for some Frankenberries at this point. What is Murphy hitting in Pawtucket? He's gotta be better than Coco.

Andrew Jones would be a big upgrade from Coco, but I do not want to give up Lester or Hansen for him.

Don't overlook bringing up Pedroia and trading Loretta for pitching!

I don't see the Red Sox making a major move like that today. I would expect someone more along the lines of Kip Wells to be coming to Boston. He's not cheap (I think around 6 mil for this season), but I don't think he would cost us any of the young bullpen core that we seem to be building. Plus, I'm willing to bet he'd last longer in a game than Kyle Snyder.

Last edited:
I hope Theo told Schuerholz to suck something choice.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back