PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A curse in Cleveland

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I feel a little bit bad about the fans in Cleveland - getting their hopes up so high up 3-1... unable to convert for 3 straight games to put it away...

then some bad luck...Lofton getting thrown out a 2nd - the base running gaffe by the third base coach... not that I think any of that would have made a difference in the game, but one never knows

So they can add "the collapse" to their infamous list of "The Drive. The Fumble. The Shot." dashing their hopes in other sports

http://blog.cleveland.com/tribetracker/2007/10/freakish_collapse_leaves_fans.html

Luckilly there are some kindhearted red sox fans chiming in congratulating Cleveland on a well fought series - but hopefully they learn the lesson of not celebrating too quickly next time

Actually - reading that article, I don't think they can accurately say that Lofton was safe on that play - his hand came off the bag with the tag on him so it was the right call, but regardless, close calls that can go one way or another with no replays are a part of baseball

Last edited:
The fans treated BB pretty badly there, I mean death threats that were credible enough that he needed police protection. Fans are always entitled to boo anyone IMO; but death threats are way beyond. Sure the fans had some reason to be upset; but its not like BB decided to have the team stop being the Browns and move to Baltimore. All he really did was go on the assumption that Bernie Kosar was an actual person who would wear out with age just like all of us and looked at Kosar's performance through that filter.

Maybe the Gods of Football are smiting them through a different sport right now?

Edit: Lofton shouldn't have even been on base for the 3rd base coach to wrongly hold him btw. He reached on Lugo's error.

Last edited:
I'd feel bad for Cleveland fans if not for three things:

1) The freaking drum that Fox insisted on putting a microphone near

2) The white towels. They reminded me of Angels fans, and that is never a good thing.

3) They won the NBA lottery and got Lebron. I'm bitter about the NBA lottery.

They'll have a great team again next year.

This was the third time in 5 years Lofton has been on a team that lost a playoff series after being up 3-1 (2003 Cubs, 2004 Yankees). A team would be wise to stay away from Lofton if they plan on doing well.

I feel bad for Cleveland fans........... because they live in Cleveland :singing:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back