PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

24 vs. 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I have great trouble understanding why anybody ever does a mock draft with the Patriots trading down from 24. Hellooooo! The Jets go one pick later, run a similar system, and have similar needs! Unless the Jets pick an interior OL, their first-round pick is likely to be a guy the Pats would have wanted too.

I see 24 as the pick to take best-available defender, and 28 as the pick with which to get creative. Indeed, the Jets, because they're a slight risk to trade up and leapfrog the Pats, might even make a Patriot trade UP more likely.

I have great trouble understanding why anybody ever does a mock draft with the Patriots trading down from 24. Hellooooo! The Jets go one pick later, run a similar system, and have similar needs! Unless the Jets pick an interior OL, their first-round pick is likely to be a guy the Pats would have wanted too.

I see 24 as the pick to take best-available defender, and 28 as the pick with which to get creative. Indeed, the Jets, because they're a slight risk to trade up and leapfrog the Pats, might even make a Patriot trade UP more likely.

If you want a #24 trade scenario, take a look at the interactive mock going on on this board. The elite defensive prospects are all gone, while some elite offensive players -- including RB Lynch -- are still available. The "best-available defender" is lousy value here compared to what you're likely to get in trade from one of the several teams that emerged from the first half of the draft still desperate for a running back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand