PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"10 Things We Learned" from Friday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Here’s a quick link to a weekly football column I do for Boston Metro entitled “10 Things We Learned Last Night,” which appears the day after every Patriots game on the Metro site.The full transcript of Coach Belichick’s Q&A with the media this afternoon will be posted shortly.

More...

Last edited:
Here’s a quick link to a weekly football column I do for Boston Metro entitled “10 Things We Learned Last Night,” which appears the day after every Patriots game on the Metro site.The full transcript of Coach Belichick’s Q&A with the media this afternoon will be posted shortly.

More...

Excellent analysis as always Chris. Care to venture how many WR's BB will keep on the roster?

Great read, Chris. However, do you really believe that the Pats would let both Caldwell AND Gaffney go? Especially with Gaffney injured currently and Moss not seeing a lot of time on the field.

I think ONE of those holdovers -- Gaffney or Caldwell -- will make the team. This is just one guys opinion, but I think on Sept. 9, there will be these five guys: Moss, Gaffney/Caldwell, Welker, Stallworth and perhaps Troy Brown, with Kelley Washington, Bam Childress, Kelvin Kight and everyone else fighting for the last spot. (Brown's defensive versatility may allow them to go with seven receivers--but I'm thinking it'll be six.) I know I'm missing someone--just having a brainlock at the moment. And I think Chad Jackson will essentially take a redshirt year on the IR.

And I appreciate the kind words about the analysis!

Last edited:
I've got to think Gaffney's a lock if he's healthy (of course, we have no news on that front). From everything I've seen and read, he's had a very good off -season and camp with the team, besides the fact he played very well at the end of last season.

nice read as always. I think the pats will hold 7 receivers this year (at least to start). One thing that stuck out to me was that in an interview rodney ( i think it was him and not TB) said that washington and welker were the hardest workers on O.

I've got to think Gaffney's a lock if he's healthy (of course, we have no news on that front). From everything I've seen and read, he's had a very good off -season and camp with the team, besides the fact he played very well at the end of last season.

I don't know of the specific snap breakdown, but I know Caldwell was almost strictly running with the second teamers last night.

nice read as always. I think the pats will hold 7 receivers this year (at least to start). One thing that stuck out to me was that in an interview rodney ( i think it was him and not TB) said that washington and welker were the hardest workers on O.

I know that's definitely the case with Welker, who is almost always trailing after Brady. (He spends a ton of time with him on the sidelines.)

Always a pleasure to read, well done again!

No problem, and thanks for the kind words. Keep an eye out for it the day after ever Patriots game at the Metro site.
I've got it bookmarked somewhere in this mess I call a browser! :confused: You've got start selling yourself over on Planet too - can't leave all the fun to Pires! :rocker:

CP, GREAT read as always. I truly enjoy reading what you write. I agree with your "10 things". I have to say I am bummed that Mike Richardson got hurt, because I believe he will be a solid, solid NFL player. I really do. If he's out for the year, and it's too soon to know that, but if he is that is a shame.

I don't know what is up with Eugene Wilson and his inability to takle in the open field. He had such a strong rookie year and second year (until he got injured) yet it has been down hill ever since. Once a ball carrier into the open field Wilson is destined to wiff at an easy takle (Colbert). It's just a matter of time until Merriweather gets a crack at safety.

I don't know what is up with Eugene Wilson and his inability to takle in the open field. He had such a strong rookie year and second year (until he got injured) yet it has been down hill ever since. Once a ball carrier into the open field Wilson is destined to wiff at an easy takle (Colbert). It's just a matter of time until Merriweather gets a crack at safety.
It wasn't Wilson's fault on the Colbert play, it was Richardson and Wilson got hurt trying to run him down. Meriweather is still a ways away from becoming the starting FS. Maybe you haven't been watching the preseason but Geno has been looking pretty good, same for Randall Gay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday