PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“It Is About Us”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Stevenson

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Does anyone find this sort of an odd, generic statement that teams use to convince themselves that they are unstoppable and that the opponent can’t beat them even with an A game?

Philly has been pumping this line since last sunday night and just reeks of arrogance and disrespect that if the pats play very well, it won’t matter.

Not really. It's not any different to me than 'Do Your Job' meaning a team that's gotten this far that doesn't believe if each of them goes out there and executes properly they will win doesn't belong in the Super Bowl. That to me isn't arrogance, it's confidence. Personally I want every opponent the New England Patriots face to have plenty of it so we can watch it erode and collapse, it's no fun watching a whipped dog get kicked. Remember Mohamed Sanu's "They ain't never met nothing like this. We about to put 40 something on their ass." or Richard Sherman's face after the pic? THAT is how a great thing gets even better.

Not really. It's not any different to me than 'Do Your Job' meaning a team that's gotten this far that doesn't believe if each of them goes out there and executes properly they will win doesn't belong in the Super Bowl. That to me isn't arrogance, it's confidence. Personally I want every opponent the New England Patriots face to have plenty of it so we can watch it erode and collapse, it's no fun watching a whipped dog get kicked. Remember Mohamed Sanu's "They ain't never met nothing like this. We about to put 40 something on their ass." or Richard Sherman's face after the pic? THAT is how a great thing gets even better.

Good points..it just seems a bit of an odd slogan and mentality because if the pats play very well in all 3 phases, the eagles lose. So, it is very much about what the pats do that will shape the eagles chances of winning.

Good points..it just seems a bit of an odd slogan and mentality because if the pats play very well in all 3 phases, the eagles lose. So, it is very much about what the pats do that will shape the eagles chances of winning.
I don't think the Iggles can afford to think that way and expect to play their best Sunday.

I don't think they're being arrogant, they're just trying to focus on their game.

So you are saying 'it is about us' is true from a particular point of view, just that it's the Pats pov. I love it but it discounts the obvious, if Philly 'does their job' then New England isn't going to be able to play very well in all 3 phases and they won't lose. We think differently of course but more importantly so does our team.

Team say things to get themselves going all the time. I don't think its anything out of the ordinary or something to get incited about.

I don't think the Iggles can afford to think that way and expect to play their best Sunday.

I don't think they're being arrogant, they're just trying to focus on their game.

I agree it is partly them trying to say “we need to focus on our game”, but it is so generic, and the fact they keep saying it, it comes off pretty lame.

What they really need to do is have answers for the waves of offense the pats will throw at that d. They faced an ezekiel elliott-Less dallas team, a horrendous giants team twice and a mediocre skins offense twice. They lost to kc and oakland and got tuned up by the rams.

I realize what is on paper does not mean much, but I keep seeing analysts rave about philly’s lines and ignoring the pats on both sides of the ball. You’d think Philly was playing some overachieving newcomer in the sb.

So you are saying 'it is about us' is true from a particular point of view, just that it's the Pats pov. I love it but it discounts the obvious, if Philly 'does their job' then New England isn't going to be able to play very well in all 3 phases and they won't lose. We think differently of course but more importantly so does our team.

That is what i am saying..sort of arrogant to think your own A game is clearly superior to the Pats’.

Maybe it is, but to even the most ardent pats hater, it probably isn’t.

It’s just rhetoric, not arrogance

As a dog lover I don't like to read "watching a whipped dog get kicked"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back