PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak: Warren should have been in training program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether it is true or not, it certainly appears as if Warren blew off the practices so he could be a Big Man on Campus once again. Maybe this is not the case but it looks really bad now.

Ya, Ty, who is married with 3 kids, went back to school to become the Big Man on campus during effing summer session.....

Judging by your comment, the guys that beat you up in school weren't bullies, they were good judges of character. :bricks:

Zolak should take his own advice and stick it where the sun don't shine

To quote my late father, Scott Zolak is as dumb as a rake handle. Seemingly a nice guy, but as dumb as a rake handle.

Agreed..............

Warren passed the conditioning test and was deemed "ready to go" by the Patriots. Either Zolak should have kept his mouth shut, or the conditioning test needs to be overhauled.

Apparently Warren was aware of the problem for some time, according to an interview he did with Curran. Said he's been laboring as a result for a year and a half. Thinks it was the underlying cause of his other injuries. He was told if he didn't have it fixed he could develop arthritis (probably will anyway...) so he decided it was better to shut it down now and have it fixed for next season and because he's concerned about his post career health...

Had he been in for the off season and OTA's and still laboring he might have had it fixed in February since the rehab is reportedly 4-6 months.

If in fact there is a lockout extending well into 2011, we may have seen the last of Ty Warren on a football field. He is already committed to finishing his final credit classes for his post football degree next off season... By 2012 he will be 31 and and in the last year of his contract and have been away from the game for 2 seasons. 300 pounders don't bounce back all that well.

He should have had this fixed immediatly post season last year.

I don't think he plays for the pats again.

I don't think we'll miss him this year though, lots of young talent.

hey...he said its a tough break.....for the Pats that is....not for guaranteed money Warren.....go get your doctorate....

Last edited:
You mean like me? I predicted this would happen.

Warren should have been in the off-season training program whether this was the cause of the injury or not. And to you guys who said that BB must have given the OK we do not know. BB could just as easily been PO'ed; the Patriots certainly acted like they were not counting on Warren based on their off season moves.

Whether it is true or not, it certainly appears as if Warren blew off the practices so he could be a Big Man on Campus once again. Maybe this is not the case but it looks really bad now.

Dude - you are as clueless as ever. You can't say that the off-season training program would have prevented the injury because you don't know what the injury is.

And, it's highly unlikely that BB would be PO'ed because BB is known for encouraging these guys to go back and get their degrees.

What looks bad is people like you spouting off BS like "He blew off practices so he could be a Big Man on Campus once again." There are so many assumptions in that statement that it only makes you look like a fool.

Revisionist history? How do you know what he is saying is not accurate?

Or do you respond this way regarding all your binkies?

Warren set himself up to be questioned this way. I love the guy, but he's getting played to play football and now he can't because of arguably his changed priorities in the offseason.

How do you know there was a change in his priorities this off-season? How do you know that he wasn't doing everything that the Pats were doing in Foxborough?

It's revisionist history because Zolak didn't come out and say it day 1. He's a Johnny-Come-Lately, much like yourself.

And, no, he's not getting "PLAYED to play football." He'd getting PAID to play and injuries during camp happen.

Dude - you are as clueless as ever. You can't say that the off-season training program would have prevented the injury because you don't know what the injury is.

And, it's highly unlikely that BB would be PO'ed because BB is known for encouraging these guys to go back and get their degrees.

What looks bad is people like you spouting off BS like "He blew off practices so he could be a Big Man on Campus once again." There are so many assumptions in that statement that it only makes you look like a fool.

Don't let your hatred of me color your interpretation. Before you go ballistic please read what I said:

"Whether it is true or not, it certainly appears as if Warren blew off the practices so he could be a Big Man on Campus once again."​

See the "appears" part and the "Whether it is true or not".

As far as clueless part do you mean when I predicted that the Patriots would use their first pick on a CB? Or did you object to my calling Ron Brace a disaster six months ago? I stand by what I said about Warren; he should have been in the offseason program for a lot of reasons such as getting the jump on this lingering injury. That freaking degree must look good now that he may have blown his football career.

BTW I seriously doubt that BB tells his players to skip the off-season program to get their degrees. Maybe that is what he tells the press but in private he probably tells them to finish their degree after they retire.

Anyway it is good to see that there are still some supporters of Warren out there to keep things lively on this forum. There are probably also some Ron Brace admirers too.

Last edited:
Don't let your hatred of me color your interpretation. Before you go ballistic please read what I said:
"Whether it is true or not, it certainly appears as if Warren blew off the practices so he could be a Big Man on Campus once again."

As far as clueless part do you mean when I predicted that the Patriots would use their first pick on a CB? Or did you object to my calling Ron Brace a disaster six months ago? I stand by what I said about Warren; he should have been in the offseason program for a lot of reasons such as getting the jump on this lingering injury. That freaking degree must look good now that he may have blown his football career.

BTW I seriously doubt that BB tells his players to skip the off-season program to get their degrees. Maybe that is what he tells the press but in private he probably tells them to finish their degree after they retire.

Anyway it is good to see that there are still some supporters of Warren out there to keep things lively on this forum. There are probably also some Ron Brace admirers too.
What would Warren have done in the training program that he wouldnt have done working out on his own?
You seem to be implying that he spent 24/7 in the classroom and never saw the weightroom.
This was a long term injury that he has been dealing with for 5 years. By the way, he has said the stress working out put on it hurt it rater than hepled it. Being in the Patriots weight room rather than one in Texas oulodnt have made any differece.
Warrens injury and his offseason workout choices are unrelated. Get over it players get injured.

"Whether it is true or not, it certainly appears as if Warren blew off the practices so he could be a Big Man on Campus once again."

Lame.
Thats like saying you shouldn't take offense to me saying

Whether its true or not your appear to be the biggest moron I have ever met.

Because I said whether its true or not and appear.

It is very common on this board for people to take one side, throw in an IF and then act as if they are because there is an if.

Apparently Warren was aware of the problem for some time, according to an interview he did with Curran. Said he's been laboring as a result for a year and a half. Thinks it was the underlying cause of his other injuries. He was told if he didn't have it fixed he could develop arthritis (probably will anyway...) so he decided it was better to shut it down now and have it fixed for next season and because he's concerned about his post career health...

Had he been in for the off season and OTA's and still laboring he might have had it fixed in February since the rehab is reportedly 4-6 months.

If in fact there is a lockout extending well into 2011, we may have seen the last of Ty Warren on a football field. He is already committed to finishing his final credit classes for his post football degree next off season... By 2012 he will be 31 and and in the last year of his contract and have been away from the game for 2 seasons. 300 pounders don't bounce back all that well.

Honestly, I'm surprised that he tried to gut it out for as long as he did. It's been obvious that, for the last two years at least, he wasn't playing up to his level of old, and now we know why. It's hard to put yourself in an athlete's shoes, but if I was in his position I probably would have shut it down and had the surgery a couple years ago (having experienced hip injuries myself, lemme tell you: they suck and they're scary). That's not a knock on the choice that he made, and in fact I respect what he was trying to do, even if I question the wisdom of it. If I question anyone, it's the Pats' medical staff, and even then we don't have enough info to do that. When you have a valuable, 300 pound asset with a lot of money tied up in him, you shouldn't take hip issues lightly.

Last edited:
What would Warren have done in the training program that he wouldnt have done working out on his own?
You seem to be implying that he spent 24/7 in the classroom and never saw the weightroom.
This was a long term injury that he has been dealing with for 5 years. By the way, he has said the stress working out put on it hurt it rater than hepled it. Being in the Patriots weight room rather than one in Texas oulodnt have made any differece.
Warrens injury and his offseason workout choices are unrelated. Get over it players get injured.

Andy, don't bother. Logic and facts aren't going to sink in. He made up his mind months ago that Warren was wrong and will come up with whatever excuse he can think of to blame Warren's schoolwork for the injury no matter what the truth really is.

Last edited:

"Whether it is true or not, it certainly appears as if Warren blew off the practices so he could be a Big Man on Campus once again."​

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut in the woods..

Just as an FYI, being in the off-season program wouldn't have done ANYTHING to help Warren. In fact, it would have exacerbated the injury and he'd still have missed the season.

As for your pathetic exaggeration. "Blown his football career"? The dude has already had a good career. I'd hardly call playing through several severe injuries and finally having to shut it down to let his body heal, "Blowing his football career". And if his career is over, then it's a damn good thing he got his degree, now isn't it.

Fred - you're posting has been a disaster ever since you showed up to grace us with your presence. And it hasn't changed.

Oh, as for what you believe about what BB tells his players, how about what his actions tell us. Prior to his drafting Wilfork, BB had only drafted ONE underclassman. ONE. Now, BB has gone on to draft more underclassmen since then, but if you don't believe that BB values his players having an education, so be it. It just supports the idea I have that you are a fool who is definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed..

This ranks right up there with "Brady tore his ACL because he was surfing with Giselle instead of being at OTA's."

F Scott Zolak. I'd rather listen to the local Tampa sports station talk about the Bucs, Rays, and Lightning than listen to Boston sports talk.

OK you alternate universe people, MAYBE just maybe were my man Ty in the Pats off season program he may have realized say by 1 March that his hip was still faulked and he needed surgery. Unlikely as hell because camp aggravated it, not workouts but what the hey, alternate universes are fun. Pointless.

Looking back 20/20 he shuoulda taken the considerable risk of surgery in Feb or so. Life is full of stuff like that.

Last edited:
OK you alternate universe people, MAYBE just maybe were my man Ty in the Pats off season program he may have realized say by 1 March that his hip was still faulked and he needed surgery. Unlikely as hell because camp aggravated it, not workouts but what the hey, alternate universes are fun. Pointless.

Looking back 20/20 he shuoulda taken the considerable risk of surgery in Feb or so. Life is full of stuff like that.

Ty Warren knew he there was a "perception risk" here when he skipped the offseason conditioning program to stay in Texas and go to class.

I'm not taking a side here, but its just reality that if you miss the entire offseason conditioning program, only after getting the guaranteed $18 million dollars, and then miss the entire season after the third practice, there is going to be percentage of the media and fan base that is going to be unhappy, deservedly so or not.

Ty Warren knew he there was a "perception risk" here when he skipped the offseason conditioning program to stay in Texas and go to class.

I'm not taking a side here, but its just reality that if you miss the entire offseason conditioning program, only after getting the guaranteed $18 million dollars, and then miss the entire season after the third practice, there is going to be percentage of the media and fan base that is going to be unhappy, deservedly so or not.

You make it sound like he just signed a new contract. He signed that deal in 07, and has apparently played three full seasons on a bad hip since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes