PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR's are not the problem in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushless

Rookie
Reaction score
Brady is running out of excuses. He was consistantly missing the target. Also, once his first option was not open, he paniced, couldn't find the open guy, which he usually didn't do before.

On the other side, our defense played mostly good but had the same fatal problem as in the Jets game: giving up big 3rd downs.

Man I've been pumped for this game the whole week and ended up being so pissed.

Last edited:
rushless said:
Brady is running out of excuses. He was consistantly missing the target. Also, once his first option was not open, he paniced, couldn't find the open guy, which he usually didn't do before.

On the other side, our defense played mostly good but had the same fatal problem as in the Jets game: giving up big 3 downs.

I was at the game and saw first hand that the receivers aren't getting the seperation for the Defense..
Brady doesn't have a comfort zone with them.. To blame a guy who has to deal with new Wr's...

rushless said:

On the other side, our defense played mostly good but had the same fatal problem as in the Jets game: giving up big 3 downs.

I cannot say absolutely that WR's were open on a constant basis, however, I can agree with you on several witnessed plays. Gabriel again was open deep and missed. Brown had a step and TB missed him by a half a foot. Caldwell was missed. I hope this is just a funk and chemistry thing with TB. On the defensive side, I also agree to an extent. The first Denver TD was just a damn good throw. Hobbs was right there. The ball was just put in there perfectly. The second TD? That actually was an atrocious breakdown all over. The safety had 2 guys open in his area. The replay, which had a view of the whole field, showed way too much room for several Denver receivers. Lastly, I am surprised the 4-3 wasn't deployed at some point. We gave up more ground offense than we should of and it hurt us.

TheBostonStraggler said:
I cannot say absolutely that WR's were open on a constant basis, however, I can agree with you on several witnessed plays. Gabriel again was open deep and missed. Brown had a step and TB missed him by a half a foot. Caldwell was missed. I hope this is just a funk and chemistry thing with TB. On the defensive side, I also agree to an extent. The first Denver TD was just a damn good throw. Hobbs was right there. The ball was just put in there perfectly. The second TD? That actually was an atrocious breakdown all over. The safety had 2 guys open in his area. The replay, which had a view of the whole field, showed way too much room for several Denver receivers. Lastly, I am surprised the 4-3 wasn't deployed at some point. We gave up more ground offense than we should of and it hurt us.

I just want to remind people that when someone is open, it doesn't mean he is opne. There has to be a passing lane for him to throw the ball thru.. In a lot of cases, the OL looked crappy..

mcsully said:
I just want to remind people that when someone is open, it doesn't mean he is opne. There has to be a passing lane for him to throw the ball thru.. In a lot of cases, the OL looked crappy..

Sanity, thy name is mcsully.

Brady looks uncomfortable in the pocket. It's almost like a hangover of those two fumble hits he took -- like he's skeptical of his O-line and it's messing up his timing. A QB needs confidence that his guys have his back, and if he doesn't think that, he makes bad throws or at least throws that look like they are coming from a QB in a collapsing pocket even when the pocket is holding up. That's what Brady looks like to me.

Good Grief! Stop making excuses for Brady. He has put himself in a real funk. No one can say if he's still protesting against the FO for trading Branch but he is not mentally plugged in like he has been. This is real life, this is the NFL, players come and go and the team just has to let it go. Brady can't seem to get over it. For the best QB in the league, I'd say he's taken plenty of time to get over the 'adjustment' and to start slinging the ball like he's hungry again. Is Tommy spoiled by success? Is the idea that he's won enough already starting to pollute his former single-minded drive to win? He ain't happy about something, that is for certain.

Brady is not Superman, merely pointing out the obvious does not make one disloyal. I'm certain he'll bounce back.

I must admit that I was less than thrilled to read Brady callled Hasselbeck to gush about Branch- the guy is gone, he needs to get over it and establish a chemistry with Gabriel, Caldwell, et al.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Good Grief! Stop making excuses for Brady. He has put himself in a real funk. No one can say if he's still protesting against the FO for trading Branch but he is not mentally plugged in like he has been. This is real life, this is the NFL, players come and go and the team just has to let it go. Brady can't seem to get over it. For the best QB in the league, I'd say he's taken plenty of time to get over the 'adjustment' and to start slinging the ball like he's hungry again. Is Tommy spoiled by success? Is the idea that he's won enough already starting to pollute his former single-minded drive to win? He ain't happy about something, that is for certain.
Brady looked pretty fired up to me, and frustrated with himself and/or the team. Whether it's a problem with him, the oline or the receivers, it's far from lacking passion or the drive to win. If you can't see that, then take off your blindfold.

Brady will fall in love with another receiver and get back on track. I think he was getting a little weak-kneed for Gabriel by the end of the game.

Takes time to get over your favorite receiver.

Brady is playing with only 1 reciever that has been here for > 1 year. The other recievers are here in their first year with the Pats so it's gotta be difficult for both sides. The connection is just not there with Brady and the recieving corps and we shouldn't expect them to come out firing here and there every game. It's definitely going to take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe