PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Kenbrell Thompkins waived (update: claimed by Raiders)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like KT but he was the LAST guy on the WR depth chart. Remember a couple months ago when people were having a hard time imagining us keeping all these WR's without an injury?

Some of us .... nevermind, I'm sure Supa will address it.

Even though I pointed these numbers out many times, there was still this hope in the back of my mind that he'd somehow continue to develop.

After the first few games this year, it was starting to become apparent that the hope I had was nothing more than wishful thinking.

We'll always have the big play catch at the end of the Saints game though. That was exciting for sure.

Pretty obvious that KT was looking up at everyone else on the depth chart for awhile though.

My best guess is they see something in Tyms, Wright is getting familiar with the offense and Dobson is improving. I hope another team picks up KT and he makes his way on to the field.

That's one very optimistic view; here's mine: I don't expect Tyms to do much if anything; Wright, I'll take steady improvement; Dobson — I expect some good plays over the next few games en route to a more consistent presence and impact. And, while we're being optimistic, I'd expect Amendola to start showing up a bit more as he shakes off the effects of his newly revealed surgery.

@Hael --

You and Craig can make up a highlight reel to pass out to the other 31 teams, except it'd be one continuous loop of the Saints catch over and over again ;)

I'm just kidding. I hope your binky comes back next week. Like I said, I think we could do worse with a developmental prospect, but there just aren't enough spots to go around.

Actually, there is a deadline for them to play Sunday night. It was 4PM today.

Let's hope he was being sarcastic. If not, that's some irony right there ;)

There is no way KT makes it through waivers. He is significantly better than most wr3s in this league and even some 2s (Jets, Carolina etc).

This isn't a case like Edelman who was put on the PS and didn't have the clout to show up on teams radars. People have seen the tape on this guy and he really flashes significant promise.

#1- he is not better than most #3 and I doubt he is better than any #2.

#2- Edelman never was on the PS.

Doesn't mean they won't be activated later today or tomorrow. Not like there was a deadline or something.
Actually, there was a deadline for activating them for the game. It was 4 PM today..

I don't think this decision is directly related to Tyms at all. That said, if it results in a Tyms opportunity in the near future I think that would be great. We have already seen what KT can do. I would like to see what a Tyms can do.. he's bigger and made some really great catches in (yes I know) pre-season.

BB is insane. What a crap move this is. Cut Mankins right before season started. Now this. Speechless

BB is insane. What a crap move this is. Cut Mankins right before season started. Now this. Speechless
Who would you have released?

Why would anyone be surprised at cutting KT? A receiver with no "chemistry" with Tom Brady isn't going to see much playing time in NE.

This I don't get. I mentioned in another thread that I watched last year Saints game and KT saved the day. I though a lineup of KT, Dobson, JE and Gronk was a good receiver set. Brady looked like he was in sync with KT. I just don't know what the heck is going on with this team.

Again, who would you have released?

I suppose trading a player to Tampa Bay can be considered "cutting" a guy. :D

I really hope this isn't a case of the coach playing roster roullete again thinking this clown lb from the ps ks really going to make a diffe vs cin...trying to be smartest kid in the room once afarkingain....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents