PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With the Colts winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
does this mean that their coaching staff will be pillaged?

Will Tom Moore, Jim Caldwell, Howard Mudd and Ron Meeks become either HC candidates (Moore and Meeks) or OC candidates (Caldwell and Mudd)?

It sure would be nice to see another team pillaged for a change.

And they are in bad shape in their cap, losing great assistant coaches and solid players wont be good for the Colts. Not good at all.

Tom Moore is a heck of a coach.

Tom Moore I heard isn't going anywhere. The dude is in his 70s, and has no thoughts of going elsewhere to start a HC career. However, retirement doesn't seem too out of the question.
Meeks should get the Dallas job, IMO.

Doubtfull, IMO. Moore is a lifer at O.C. and has publicly stated he has no desire to be a head coach. Meeks spent most of the year being roasted for the pathetic performance of the defense and he deserved it.

Caldwell would be the most likely candidate to leave, IMO. He's had HC interviews in the past, I believe.

I don't know about Mudd but, I'd say he's probably in the same category as Moore.

At any rate, IMO, keeping Moore and Mudd is most important for the future of the team. They're two of the best in the league at what they do.:)

And they are in bad shape in their cap, losing great assistant coaches and solid players wont be good for the Colts. Not good at all.

Tom Moore is a heck of a coach.

The Colt's have some tough decisions coming up but, I wouldn't call them "in bad shape". Cato June, Dominic Rhodes, Nick Harper are probably gone next year with perhaps a few more backups let go. However, we have some young players who will be more than capable of filling in, Freddie Kieaho, DeDe Dorsey and Kelvin Hayden to name a few. Plus, we don't have a second round pick to sign so, that will help as well.

A lot of people wrote us off after we let Edge go and that turned out alright so, In Polian I Trust.:D

The Colt's have some tough decisions coming up but, I wouldn't call them "in bad shape". Cato June, Dominic Rhodes, Nick Harper are probably gone next year with perhaps a few more backups let go. However, we have some young players who will be more than capable of filling in, Freddie Kieaho, DeDe Dorsey and Kelvin Hayden to name a few. Plus, we don't have a second round pick to sign so, that will help as well.

A lot of people wrote us off after we let Edge go and that turned out alright so, In Polian I Trust.:D

The Colts have 18 - 20 free agents, including Freeney. They won't have the money to sign all of them and your 1st round pick will probably carry a cap hit of 1.1-1.2 million. Second round picks don't carry much of a cap hit.

It will be interesting to see what the Colts do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe