PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

with the 3rd pick in the NBA Draft...

Disappointed that a trade was not swung. What went wrong, Danny? Guard heavy as we are, I would have preferred just taking Dunn, best player available and has some real good potential.

Ughh
it takes two to make a deal. the sixers offer was garbage. one of their bigs and two late 1st rd picks. the last thing the celtics need is more picks.

Last edited:
Really glad Dunn did not (so far) make it to the 76'ers.

As for Jaylen brown he shot the ball lights out for the Celtics ... this could be Paul Pierce Jr.
He's just as tough as pierce ... will he shoot like him we'll see ... but he's a high flyer on the wing.

I am hoping Ainge is going full throttle to get a higher pick to get a center and/or power forward.
We need rim protection badly and Zeller sucks and Amir Johnson is too old.

Well, I'm happy enough with Brown. Not another guard, crazy athletic with an enormous wingspan. CBS ought to be able to make good use of him.

Really glad Dunn did not (so far) make it to the 76'ers.

As for Jaylen brown he shot the ball lights out for the Celtics ... this could be Paul Pierce Jr.
He's just as tough as pierce ... will he shoot like him we'll see ... but he's a high flyer on the wing.

I am hoping Ainge is going full throttle to get a higher pick to get a center and/or power forward.
He's way more athletic than Pierce.

I would use all those 2nd round picks looking for a shooter ... draft and stash.

True but from what was being reported there was heavy talking with the Bulls and 76ers, I'd be interested to know why it fell apart.
I never bought that we would help the 76'ers ... what purpose would it serve?

True but from what was being reported there was heavy talking with the Bulls and 76ers, I'd be interested to know why it fell apart.
According to Wyck, the offers would have had to cut the required assets in half to make the Cs consider them.

Brown is pretty articulate. He's speaking now.

Brown is pretty articulate. He's speaking now.
Kid was taking grad courses as a freshman ...
Something tells me Ainge was afraid of regret if he did not take him ... let's hope.

They say this draft is not great but all these kids taken so far can ball.
I don't see where any of them will be a draft bust 3 years from now except for maybe Bender.

Chriss at #8 is amazing value and he's being traded to the Suns which gives them Bender and Chriss.

The trouble with Chriss is he was an /historically/ bad rebounder in school. Not a great look for a PF.

WTF ... Bucks take Thon Maker ... oh man.

Really hoping Labissiere falls to 16 or Ainge can jump a few slots.
The Bucks supposedly liked Skal.

Sabonis gone. That's too bad, I kind of liked him.
I liked him but did not expect him to there at 16 ... I'd rather have a center.

Center, PF, I'm fine with either. Center is kind of an ambiguous label these days.

Taurean Prince at 12. That's kind of a reach too.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back