PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

with the 3rd pick in the NBA Draft...

Dunn seems like Rondo 2.0 to me. Another no shot great passing guard. Only he's more turnover prone. And Murray doesn't seem athletic enough to succeed at the same level he did in college. Okafor is Al Jefferson 2.0. So I'm left with Brown, Bender, Hield, Noel or Middleton. Middleton would be pretty nice. Young and signed through (I think) 2020. I'd be ok with Bender as well. I think Brad could find really creative ways to use him.

Rebuffed……
Sources: Celtics' offers of No. 3 for vet rebuffed

""But sources told ESPN that the Celtics, to date, have been rebuffed in their efforts to assemble a sufficiently enticing deal to acquire any of these four prime targets: Chicago Bulls All-Star swingman Jimmy Butler, Utah Jazz guard Gordon Hayward and Milwaukee Bucks teammates Jabari Parker or Khris Middleton.""

Also…
Trader Danny playing coy with Philly

""The Philadelphia 76ers, sources say, have been trying for some time to convince the Celtics to part with the No. 3 pick in a deal headlined by Sixers big man Jahlil Okafor or teammate Nerlens Noel, but Boston, to date, has resisted those pitches.‎""

48 hours to go….I love these drafts when local teams have multiple picks that allow our imaginations to run wild.

PS……I am a bit confused why a 33 win team like Milwaukee doesn't win with so many cornerstone pieces….

""The same, sources say, goes for Parker and Middleton in Milwaukee, since the Bucks regard both of those young cornerstones, as well as Giannis Antetokounmpo, as untouchables.""

….yet 48 win Boston has no cornerstone pieces (sorry Isaah).

Dunn seems like Rondo 2.0 to me. Another no shot great passing guard. Only he's more turnover prone. And Murray doesn't seem athletic enough to succeed at the same level he did in college. Okafor is Al Jefferson 2.0...
Al Jefferson 2.0? I'll take that, please.

Al Jefferson 2.0? I'll take that, please.
Ugh, no. There's a reason why Big Al has only been in the postseason 3 times in 11 years. (excluding his rookie year which doesn't really count.

Al Jefferson is Jahlil Okafor 2.0. I'd offer Sullinger for him straight up. That's about it.

The pick tonight will be Dunn, I have a good source on that.

I was on Murray and then trading Smart ... but Dunn is the distributor they need - then Smart /Bradley goes.
But if no trade then Brown or Murray and the rest is a huge crapshoot almost impossible to guess.
SI has it as Taurean Prince ... sounds interesting and the kid due to his life story is tough as nails.

I was on Murray and then trading Smart ... but Dunn is the distributor they need - then Smart /Bradley goes.
But if no trade then Brown or Murray and the rest is a huge crapshoot almost impossible to guess.
SI has it as Taurean Prince ... sounds interesting and the kid due to his life story is tough as nails.
I'm not big on Dunn, he sounds like a good player but damn we badly need a guy like Murray and doesn't sound like Dunn is definitely a better player. But I'm not a draft guru. According to the guy I know Dunn is rated #2 above Ingram allegedly. He called the KG trade days before it was reported, the Olynyk pick, Sully and Fab Melo before they happened so he definitely has good intel. Interesting to say the least if Danny would really pick Dunn if Cs had gotten #2 pick.

With 1/3 of a day left until draft time and a deafening silence of leaks/rumors/trades…….I suspect Ainge believes the "Dunn Rights" has become a far more valuable chip than initially thought weeks ago….and he will just sit and wait for a bidding war not only tonight but well into the summer which means the Celtics draft Dunn at #3.
For those that want Dunn to remain on the C's roster, here are my reasons why I don't think that will happen
1) Dunn's value …..He may have greater value two years from now after demonstrating NBA proven skills but too often "pre-NBA potential" gets over valued by desperate GM's/Owners that need box office splashes NOW….and Ainge may want to take advantage of over-eager GMs (Philly?)
2) Wins………Minutes for point guard Dunn will likely take away minutes from point guard Thomas….Boston's only dependable scorer. Stevens won't play them together because neither can shot. And without any trades, Boston's guard rotation is now 5 (plus more at the end of the bench) with a front court that remains challenged. Does a deep backcourt get the C's more wins this year? Can you trade Isaah for a piece that can replace his points? I say NO for both. I get the thought process that believes Dunn would be the team's best LONG TERM PG solution, but short term W-L will be sacrificed and ownership doesn't seem too excited about prolonging the ascension.

Taurean Prince at #3? No effin way; he'll likely still be available at 16, if not even at 23.

Edit: the SI mock had Prince at 16, not #3, where they unfortunately for us had the smart-ass, choke-artist, non-shooting Jaylen Brown.
Considering where he was drafted, Brown is by far Danny's worst draft pick ever.

Last edited:
I'm not big on Dunn, he sounds like a good player but damn we badly need a guy like Murray and doesn't sound like Dunn is definitely a better player. But I'm not a draft guru. According to the guy I know Dunn is rated #2 above Ingram allegedly. He called the KG trade days before it was reported, the Olynyk pick, Sully and Fab Melo before they happened so he definitely has good intel. Interesting to say the least if Danny would really pick Dunn if Cs had gotten #2 pick.
Sixers want Dunn real bad ...
If I'm Ainge I say Nerlens Noel and Phillies #1 next year ... and nothing less than that.
I'd rather Ainge keep the pick as I see no reason why we help make the 76'ers stronger and they will be in our way for years to come.

I would take Dunn and trade Smart ... but I have said that enough.
Smart is a great player but his shot is ugly as hell ... looks unfixable IMO.

As Jackie Mack says, the only logical assumption to make in the face of that report is to assume they ARE taking him.

Sixers want Dunn real bad ...
If I'm Ainge I say Nerlens Noel and Phillies #1 next year ... and nothing less than that.
I'd rather Ainge keep the pick as I see no reason why we help make the 76'ers stronger and they will be in our way for years to come.

I would take Dunn and trade Smart ... but I have said that enough.
Smart is a great player but his shot is ugly as hell ... looks unfixable IMO.
So why do you want to replace one guard who can't shoot with another guard who can't shoot?

Wow, Sixers supposedly offering Noel, 24, 26 and Covington for 3.

Well for now ... it's Jaylen Brown ... I'm okay with that.

rumors were Dunn or Brown.

Yeah, at least he ought to be a plus defender.

Disappointed that a trade was not swung. What went wrong, Danny? Guard heavy as we are, I would have preferred just taking Dunn, best player available and has some real good potential.

Ughh

As Jackie Mack says, the only logical assumption to make in the face of that report is to assume they ARE taking him.
not this time. he can sit on the suns bench.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back