PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Windy conditions - gusting to 28 mph

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzFritz

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
As I was getting ready for the tailgate and game this morning, I checked the weather, and it is expected to be quite windy. In fact, those gusts are at a level that will impact the passing game. Not a total passing shutdown (11-16 mph consistent) but its a factor.

Both teams may need to focus on running the ball. Chi may have an edge here with Forte.

Thoughts?

-- Fritz

Definitely plays in the Pats' favor. Brady is a great wind passer. He throws lasers that are less likely to be thrown off course by the wind. Brady can and will pass in heavy winds.

Look at last year's Broncos game. The wind grounded the Broncos while Brady passed for 344 yards and 3 TDs.

Let's hope for these wind conditions next Sunday too.

Look at last year's Broncos game. The wind grounded the Broncos while Brady passed for 344 yards and 3 TDs.

I remember a certain Bronco serving up some cold duck soup.

Definitely plays in the Pats' favor. Brady is a great wind passer. He throws lasers that are less likely to be thrown off course by the wind. Brady can and will pass in heavy winds.

Let's hope for these wind conditions next Sunday too.

About sums it up. This should help force cutler to check down to Forte more often, as he should. However, that lackadaisical mo-ron will go all Rex Grossman and chuck it deep into double coverage a handful of times. We need to capitalize on those turnover opportunities.

At least Wrecks won't be there breaking wind.

If it is windy, I think at least one Cutler interception is inevitable. I also think the Pats will go run heavy, although I think that was already the game plan in the first place.
Thinking Jonas Gray will have a big game which Chicago won't be expecting. This will also give the Patriots more time of possession. Mix in some passes to all levels, some play action, and I think you've got a winning recipe for beating the Bears.

Chicago's offense is good but error prone and their D is bad and banged up. Exploit the D, keep the ball away from the O, and when their O does get on the field, force a turnover or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back