PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Win or lose next week, Give the Giants their due

Status
Not open for further replies.
They fought very hard played all out and made the Patriots truly earn their perfect regular season.
this makes the win taste that much better.

Manning played a hell of a game tonight.

Gints deserve a ton of credit for playing their hearts and minds out tonight.....Eli played way above his norm/ability.......we shall see how that turns out for them next week....I do not see them winning in Tampa next week after this kind of physical and mental loss.....GO PATS

This was the Jints Superbowl. Now watch them get rolled over next week in Tampa.

They are idiots, Coughlin will get the boot.

At least he doesn't quit on his team. More than I can say for some people.

the giants played a hell of a game. it was a really fun game to watch. and i've got my old feeling back that i had back in 03-04 when i just knew no matter what we would win. the only game i was scared by was the ravens game. in bill we trust.

They played a good game, but I don't think it was worth it for them in the end.. Let's see if they can go into TB and win with their starters dinged up.

That was a helluva game, you think the NFL Network gave people their money's worth? What an advertisement.

imagine if the giants had not played their starters and we had won in a blowout. how many people wouldve questioned the 16-0 as 'tainted' 'asterisked' and all those words.
Sure the giants had key injuries but from a patriots perspective it feels we earned this win. and coughlin did what BB did last against tennesse . injuries happen unfortunately.

mitchell- a linebacker

the giants aren't capable of playing 60 minutes. they played well for about 45-50 minutes.

but at the end the clock management was remenicent of donovan mcnabb

Good take. Hurry-up in the 4th qtr just isn't in their repretoire. Actually this game reminded me of the pre-season game. They staed in the game until they started screwing it up.

It was a great game, very entertaining, and the Giants played their arses off. I believe it was a mistake though. They got 3 injuries and now have to go into the playoffs after playing a tough, physical game and losing a heartbreaker. Their looker room looks to be bad after the game "Bad officiating, ect...". I expect them to lose next week. Coughlin should have just been smart and rested his guys. I think it was great to make us earn 16-0, but that wasn't the best thing for HIS team.

If I could hand pick the 5 starters on the team whom the Giants would suffer the least without, Mitchell and Ohara would be on the list.

Madison is the injury that could hurt them. I thought Gerris Wilkinson came in and played better then Mitchell had all season (save for his huge game last week, the only time hes shown up as a Giant)

At least with the Madison injury the Bucs don't have an explosive passing game anyway

Theyll beat the Bucs, a paper tiger NFC South team. Worst division in football

If I could hand pick the 5 starters on the team whom the Giants would suffer the least without, Mitchell and Ohara would be on the list.

Madison is the injury that could hurt them. I thought Gerris Wilkinson came in and played better then Mitchell had all season (save for his huge game last week, the only time hes shown up as a Giant)

At least with the Madison injury the Bucs don't have an explosive passing game anyway

Theyll beat the Bucs, a paper tiger NFC South team. Worst division in football

yea id agree the giants are alot more battle tested than the bucs, hopefully it helps yall next week. best of luck, should be an entertaining matchup

Manning played a hell of a game tonight.

Yeah i was surprised and wondered what the difference was in Eli.....after the game they interviewed him and basically he said something to the effect of, "yeah it was a good game win or lose i had a lot of fun out there tonight."

It seems that because he did not feel any pressure to win he could relax and just have fun and it showed in his performance.

It is also obvious that he does not do so well when he feels the pressure to win, not a very good flaw to have in NY market.

Hopefully this will carry over into the playoffs and the Giants will do well.

Yeah i was surprised and wondered what the difference was in Eli.....after the game they interviewed him and basically he said something to the effect of, "yeah it was a good game win or lose i had a lot of fun out there tonight."

It seems that because he did not feel any pressure to win he could relax and just have fun and it showed in his performance.

It is also obvious that he does not do so well when he feels the pressure to win, not a very good flaw to have in NY market.

Hopefully this will carry over into the playoffs and the Giants will do well.

It had more to do with calm winds tonight then anything. Hes played in some brutal weather games this year and hes not been good in bad weather. The Giants have had 5 games this season with either precipitation or 25+ mph winds, and in those games his numbers are atrocious. Tonight was good weather, he figures to get good weather in Tampa too, we will see what happens

It doesn't help when his receivers suddenly get an allergy to his throws and drops them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News